Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Crawford County)

Default Re: Here is what is in store for ALL US GUN owners......

I am still considering comment.

Like me, a lot of gun owners are weighing the consequences of making a statement that might be analyzed not by a human but by a computer algorithm which simply puts you into an intelligence file at BATF. If that sounds too paranoid well think of the history of the BATF and what you just titled this thread for possibilities.

Moreover, your comment can be traced to this forum and other forums that you are active in where all that you have posted in the cyberspace could be used to further create a threat assessment. The federal government values your voluntary intelligence data.

If in fact, your concern is that all out war has been declared against gun owners, then you should be aware the opposition is capable of obtaining this information from the web even if BATF is not going to be nefarious with the content.

Do I want my government to listen to reason and not react to extreme fear mongering and made up data? You bet. But am I confident that ship hasn’t already sailed? History would teach a cautious lesson about trusting your enemies.

I am more interested in the future of gun lobbying on behalf of the millions of gun owners. That’s where the real power is. With the bail out on the NRA being the main issue currently due to them throwing bump stocks out as bait for national reciprocity......a lot of influentials like Tim at MAC are pressuring peers to drop their advocacy for the NRA. There are still some big players recruiting for the NRA. While we fight amongst ourselves....our opponents are rubbing their hands in anticipation.

I have the utmost respect for those who have taken the time to comment. I hope your pleas are listened to.

(Fayette County)

I was just now able to finish watching the video.

Im in awe of these new proposed rule ranges.

I plan on also contacting my elected officials by email, and phone.

Folks, we really need to get out in front of this.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I was just now able to finish watching the video.

Im in awe of these new proposed rule ranges.

I plan on also contacting my elected officials by email, and phone.

Folks, we really need to get out in front of this.
    Whether or not you make a comment at BATF, I’d urge contacting your Congressmen. BATF is an administrative arm of the Executive Branch and as such has no authority to interpret let alone legislate gun law. It is simply an enforcement Agency.

(Delaware County)

National Reciprocity or BUST !!!
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post

Was there really a need for that in this thread?

(Wyoming County)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hodgie again.
    Ok I get the reluctance to make a comment to the ATF, and skepticism that it will do any good anyway. My take is that it worked when they wanted to ban M855, so there's that.

The bottom line here is: This isn't legislation. If they are trying to re-define what makes a machine-gun that shit is right out of the Obama playbook of circumventing the congress. Trump could stop this with a phone call, he doesn't even need a pen. The responsibility for this as I see it, starts & stops at his desk.

In my humble opinion he's the one that should be feeling the heat.
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; January 20th, 2018 at 11:46 AM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I am still considering comment.

Like me, a lot of gun owners are weighing the consequences of making a statement that might be analyzed not by a human but by a computer algorithm which simply puts you into an intelligence file at BATF. If that sounds too paranoid well think of the history of the BATF and what you just titled this thread for possibilities.

Moreover, your comment can be traced to this forum and other forums that you are active in where all that you have posted in the cyberspace could be used to further create a threat assessment. The federal government values your voluntary intelligence data.

If in fact, your concern is that all out war has been declared against gun owners, then you should be aware the opposition is capable of obtaining this information from the web even if BATF is not going to be nefarious with the content.

Do I want my government to listen to reason and not react to extreme fear mongering and made up data? You bet. But am I confident that ship hasn’t already sailed? History would teach a cautious lesson about trusting your enemies.

I am more interested in the future of gun lobbying on behalf of the millions of gun owners. That’s where the real power is. With the bail out on the NRA being the main issue currently due to them throwing bump stocks out as bait for national reciprocity......a lot of influentials like Tim at MAC are pressuring peers to drop their advocacy for the NRA. There are still some big players recruiting for the NRA. While we fight amongst ourselves....our opponents are rubbing their hands in anticipation.

I have the utmost respect for those who have taken the time to comment. I hope your pleas are listened to.
    If we're at the point where the citizenry is afraid to express their logical, well thought out ideas to our government, then all is already lost! Where do you go from there? Complete submission to the overlords? What would differentiate the US from North Korea, Communist China, Russia, etc?

That video (first ten minutes) just reinforced my decision NOT to join the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    If it’s at the cost of giving up more freedom and government intrusion then they can feel free to turn their bill sideways and shove it up their asses.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 20th, 2018 at 01:06 PM.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    If it’s at the cost of giving up more freedom and government intrusion then they can feel free to turn their bill iside ways and shove it up their asses.
    I agree.
    This makes me fear the ATF and Congress trying to force us into another horrible compromise.
    That tactic has worked well for the anti-gun side.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast