I am still considering comment.

Like me, a lot of gun owners are weighing the consequences of making a statement that might be analyzed not by a human but by a computer algorithm which simply puts you into an intelligence file at BATF. If that sounds too paranoid well think of the history of the BATF and what you just titled this thread for possibilities.

Moreover, your comment can be traced to this forum and other forums that you are active in where all that you have posted in the cyberspace could be used to further create a threat assessment. The federal government values your voluntary intelligence data.

If in fact, your concern is that all out war has been declared against gun owners, then you should be aware the opposition is capable of obtaining this information from the web even if BATF is not going to be nefarious with the content.

Do I want my government to listen to reason and not react to extreme fear mongering and made up data? You bet. But am I confident that ship hasn’t already sailed? History would teach a cautious lesson about trusting your enemies.

I am more interested in the future of gun lobbying on behalf of the millions of gun owners. That’s where the real power is. With the bail out on the NRA being the main issue currently due to them throwing bump stocks out as bait for national reciprocity......a lot of influentials like Tim at MAC are pressuring peers to drop their advocacy for the NRA. There are still some big players recruiting for the NRA. While we fight amongst ourselves....our opponents are rubbing their hands in anticipation.

I have the utmost respect for those who have taken the time to comment. I hope your pleas are listened to.