Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Here is what is in store for ALL US GUN owners......

Once again good for you.

Here's another interview with the same guy on IV8888 again reiterating the point that this could be interpreted as banning ALL semi-automatic firearms, since they are capable of automatically resetting the trigger and can be bump fired using recoil impulse. We need to make ourselves heard via comments on the proposed rulemaking, messages to the Whitehouse, and messages to your Representatives and Senators.

The ATF is trying to flagrantly ignore the statutory definition of a machinegun and create a ban without due process! It doesn't matter what you think about bump stocks -- no one should stand for this!
    I am not a lawyer.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    When you consider that the NRA and most gun owners don't give a flying fuck if bump stocks get banned, I don't see how it's even remotely comparable to the green tip ammo thing.
    This can happen fairly easily and there's not going to be any "wrath" if it does happen. And what good would "wrath" of angry gun owners do anyway after the stuff is banned?
    ^this times 1000
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    When you consider that the NRA and most gun owners don't give a flying fuck if bump stocks get banned, I don't see how it's even remotely comparable to the green tip ammo thing.
    This can happen fairly easily and there's not going to be any "wrath" if it does happen. And what good would "wrath" of angry gun owners do anyway after the stuff is banned?
    I think those same gun owners who dont care about bump stocks would sure start caring when they realize this can easily ban all semi-auto's.
    And thats why we need to get as many people as possible active in opposing this.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    And thats why we need to get as many people as possible active in opposing this.
    I don’t worry so much with a Republican controlled Congress and we do need another SCOTUS appointment. However, the NRA does take heat from some in this forum, so paying your dues is key.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I don’t worry so much with a Republican controlled Congress and we do need another SCOTUS appointment. However, the NRA does take heat from some in this forum, so paying your dues is key.
    Well without the legislative process there is nothing to bring to SCOTUS and the word is the ATF is being instructed to review this and make “the right decision” for the third time by the AG who works for the Republican President.

Spend your money as you see fit no one gives a shit.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Spend your money as you see fit no one gives a shit.
    I don’t drink NRA kool aid, but my point is, they’re a huge and powerful lobby with great influence.

they’re a huge and powerful lobby with great influence.
    And we're seeing that play out right now.

Fuck the NRA.
    Last edited by God's Country; January 20th, 2018 at 07:49 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    And we're seeing that play out right now.

Fuck the NRA.
    The NRA is trying to stay relevant. Their main legislative agenda has been put on the back burner, The manufacturers they lobby for are in a world of hurt because of Trump, and the ILA is fighting many legal battles across all 50 States. Let them fuck us over and see how relevant they remain.

I don’t drink NRA kool aid, but my point is, they’re a huge and powerful lobby with great influence.
    Sorry I have given them a decade of loyalty and thousands of dollars and they set us up on a possible collision course for disaster. They don’t spend nearly as much on fighting legislation as you probably think. In 2013 they took in a total of $300 million and the ILA spent only $3 million on pro gun legislation and candidates.

I’m not interested in hearing excuses, so called stratigity and talk of more compromise. Yes we gun may loose some battles but it should be a head on loss not one where we were sat in the corner and shot from behind. They started all this nonsense in the 1st place and have done zero other then to support the doc NICS bill since.

I’m rarely crass or rude when I post my feelings but I see the NRA no differently then EM and others see Dick’s sporting goods now.

Fuck them.

I will gladly send triple my donations to the GOA to make up what they currently lack in numbers.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast