(Berks County)

Default Re: Oaks Gunshow Feb 9, 10 & 11, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Were there two ND's?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I saw a couple of dogs too, none with four legs though.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I won't take it personally but...I have in my mind that the earlier show was at the Ft. Washington Expo in....get ready for it.....drumrooolllllllllll.......Ft. Washington. In the former Honeywell building, which was one of the largest single floor buildings (if not THE largest) in the area. Then somebody ruined that for some reason and they moved the show to VF Convention Center and it was just as big but spread across two floors. I found the two floor floor plan annoying myself. IIRC they were both advertised as 1000 table shows and they were good gun shows. I am not sure if there was a lapse of time in between but at some point the show moved to Oaks in the former PENCO Locker factory (I'm thinking mid-late 1990's), where it is still held today. I was told that the next show in late March will be a 1000 table show as well. The anti-gun laws and import laws seem to play a role in the changes as there used to be a selection of H&K and AK's that is not available anymore.
    I attended one FT. Washington show. It was my first show. It was one room and maybe 500 tables. Lots of old guns and parts. There were no vendors selling only cheap junk. The vendors with old guns and parts had some cheap junk on there tables as well. Surplus Turkish mausers were $60.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Allegheny County)

Were there two ND's?

I only read about one in this thread about this weekend. Maybe he's using a cumulative number?

I saw a couple of dogs too, none with four legs though.
    At least 4 vendors had dogs behind their tables.

Saw one cute little blond walking around Fri. High heeled boot and painted on jeans. People were stopping and bumping into each other when she strolled by.

And I too remember the Ft. Washington Expo show. The closest one to me. That was a good show. No junk.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    At least 4 vendors had dogs behind their tables.

Saw one cute little blond walking around Fri. High heeled boot and painted on jeans. People were stopping and bumping into each other when she strolled by.

And I too remember the Ft. Washington Expo show. The closest one to me. That was a good show. No junk.
    Did you see this one?

(Chester County)

Was walking past a table on Saturday early afternoon and the vendor was providing an empty box to the local police...pistol was stolen. Vendor looked/sounded pretty upset (as he should be), but between hearing that and the ND, and not seeing much stuff I needed, I was pretty disapointed.

Walleye Hunter the first ND was on Friday at 6:08 PM according to my watch. I was under the impression form your post below that a second occurred on Saturday the 10th. Then the cluster F#$K involving a group of Police and the guy in the gray Altima.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI19403 View Post
    Well another exciting day at the gun show. Someone in a gray Altima was parked outside of the show with a cardboard sign listing guns he had for sale. I was walking by just as a plainclothes cop was asking for him to get out of the car and show some ID. There was a struggle to pull him out and I could see a gun in his hand. The cop instantly backed up and drew his weapon as did about 6-7 more officers. At that point I ran and got behind one of the police cars and worked my way into the building. I’d love to know what the outcome was. My other question is, why are people taking out their phone cameras and walking towards the event? In an active situation with 7-8 guns out who knows where any stray bullets might fly.
    You would have to ask...the POOFA fecesbook page has some info on it, citing a 1000 ND inside today with nothing specific and shots fired outside with nothing specific.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

As always, was a vendor (Pentz Works Custom Laser Engraving) at this show, seeing a lot of the usual arguments sprouting up in this thread as normal on top of the all the "excitement" of this show, figured I'll chime in and give my wrap-up.

ND happened about three rows away from me Friday while I was working with a customer. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked over at the source. No heroes breaking out their concealed weapons, hopping tables or anything of the like. Police approached the table moments after and sorted everything out. All I know is it happened around the Zeller tables, couldn't tell you what vendor actually gets the dunce cap though. Friday was a decent crowd (in comparison to what we expect on Fridays).

Saturday the crowd was maybe a bit below average. This is all second hand information I received from another vendor, but apparently a guy was selling handguns without background checks out of his car. Sold to multiple undercover cops and when they came down on him, he attempted to turn the gun on himself but they managed to handle the situation with no shots fired.

Sunday their was a much better turnout that I had anticipated, nothing out of the ordinary happened though.

I could write an essay on the vendor debate, but I'll spare you guys that rant for now.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Walleye Hunter the first ND was on Friday at 6:08 PM according to my watch. I was under the impression form your post below that a second occurred on Saturday the 10th. Then the cluster F#$K involving a group of Police and the guy in the gray Altima.
    Aaaahhh, OK, I suspect that the post on the Fleecebook page was erroneous. I had my suspicions since it was a pretty vague post. No second ND has been reported.

(Berks County)

I do come away with some sort of loot at most shows but not always. As stated upstream here I got a couple of things but I came away with better stuff way back when the show was in FT. Washington. I'm pretty sure that was where I got my Hertenberger ammo, got some neat extras for the H&K's there and had options for many more (can't find that stuff now). My brother bought either a Benelli or Mossberg shotgun there and my father picked up an M1 (I think) carbine at Valley Forge. It was like grocery shopping back then, you could go in with your list and come out with most everything on it.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast