Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Oaks Gunshow Feb 9, 10 & 11, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    The promoters may have a number in mind that makes it worth it for them to do the show. Maybe there are not enough gun vendors to hit that number. Or I could be wrong.

Yeah, the vendor thing isn't a great mystery.
    If there are 200 tables and only 150 are purchased by gun vendors, are the promoters (who have to pay the venue to be there) going to say "Oh well, I'll cover that out of my pocket", or are they going to let anyone who wants a table buy one?

Also, guys must be buying this crap, or the non-gun vendors wouldn't waste time and money setting up there.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yeah, the vendor thing isn't a great mystery.
    If there are 200 tables and only 150 are purchased by gun vendors, are the promoters (who have to pay the venue to be there) going to say "Oh well, I'll cover that out of my pocket", or are they going to let anyone who wants a table buy one?

Also, guys must be buying this crap, or the non-gun vendors wouldn't waste time and money setting up there.
    I see people buying the Chinese knives at every show. Not ewveryone knows you can buy the knives at the same price the sellers at the show pay very easily online. I laugh at the prices because I had a shit ton of the same crap at home from my youth.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Philadelphia County)

I see people buying the Chinese knives at every show. Not ewveryone knows you can buy the knives at the same price the sellers at the show pay very easily online. I laugh at the prices because I had a shit ton of the same crap at home from my youth.
    Microtech and Benchmade needs to send some of their people to these shows so they can peruse the selection of lovely knockoffs of their knives.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Microtech and Benchmade needs to send some of their people to these shows so they can peruse the selection of lovely knockoffs of their knives.
    You must be looking at the wrong tables. The ones I am talking about could never be passed off as anything but fantasy crap. When you pay $2 for them they are worth it as disposable knives for hard use. When they are $15 they should come with a person who does the cutting for you.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I wonder how much they charged the woman giving chair massages? She only needs a little room for her chair. Every time I passed by her she was busy.
    Is that where the ND occurred?

(Philadelphia County)

You must be looking at the wrong tables. The ones I am talking about could never be passed off as anything but fantasy crap. When you pay $2 for them they are worth it as disposable knives for hard use. When they are $15 they should come with a person who does the cutting for you.
    Some of the knife tables I have seen carry the fantasy crap as well as the knockoff knives...especially the longer knife tables.They have the nerve to charge top dollar for the fake crap too lol!You must have overlooked them.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Some of the knife tables I have seen carry the fantasy crap as well as the knockoff knives...especially the longer knife tables.They have the nerve to charge top dollar for the fake crap too lol!You must have overlooked them.
    I may have passed right over them since I don't spend too much time on those tables. I don't care what people sell legally but counterfeits really piss me off. I don't buy higher end knives. I stick to things like Opinal and the better Swiss Army knives. I had a Kershaw once but I got it on clearance for something like $15.

(Northampton County)

We were at the show on Sunday. Lots of people knew about the Friday "ND" and "guns sold without paperwork" to undercover cops on Saturday. Also, the crowd seemed to be bigger than on Saturday. Very good show for many vendors. Not too many straw purchases. Saving their money for Armory show next weekend. Snapchat buyers everywhere!
    Last edited by HotGunAds; February 11th, 2018 at 10:45 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by HotGunAds View Post
    We were at the show on Sunday. Lots of people knew about the Friday "ND" and "guns sold without paperwork" to undercover cops on Saturday. Also, the crowd seemed to be bigger than on Saturday. Very good show for many vendors. Not too many straw purchases. Saving their money for Armory show next weekend. Snapchat buyers everywhere!
    From dealers or people just walking around?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I wonder how much they charged the woman giving chair massages? She only needs a little room for her chair. Every time I passed by her she was busy.

The Bathfitters guy, not so much.
    Tanya gets the space of two tables. She's very good at her job. I usually hit her up at least once or twice a show for a massage. My neck and shoulders were killing me Friday evening. She worked on me for about 20 minutes and I was able to move my neck without it sounding like a bowl of rice krispies.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast