Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: glock 357 sig

(York County)

Default Re: glock 357 sig

The latest glock buyers guide (" professional edition") calls the g-32 a
    compact magnum with a muzzle velocity @ 1380 ft/sec. It calls the g-31, long
    range, high muzzle velocity and superior precision @ 1430 ft/sec. I have glocks
    and they are fine weapons. certain federal agencies issue the 357 sig and friends
    that are instructors, must wear double layer ear protection, plugs and then
    earmuffs over them on indoor ranges as well as outdoors. if you can consistently
    hit the target a different distances effectively, use it.

Default Re: glock 357 sig

After shooting a friend's Sig 229 in .357 Sig, chronographing it, and measuring the groups I was delighted to find that I had found a winner. I had previously shot 9mm, .38 special, .357 magnum, .44 magnum, .45 Colt, and .45 ACP for years. A former U.S. Navy Gunner's Mate, gun shop worker, and security guard convinced me that this was the next best thing to a round gun. Since no SIGS were available in my area in .357 Sig I went to the Glock 31. It hits like a .357 Magnum and will definitely get the attention of 1911 shooters at matches. Neglible drop (-.1") at 50 yards and delivering at much muzzle energy and velocity as a 9mm at the muzzle, it's really a no brainer. In a bowling pin match using handloads several people asked if I was shooting a .45 ACP. The bottleneck cartridge is not difficult to reload but I recommend you do it on a single stage press. Function and feeding is perfect and the recoil impulse is way less than a Glock 22 in .40 S&W. Just look at the amount of law enforcement agencies that have adopted it and I think you will find that the cartridge speaks for itself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123