Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Woman dies after being hit by stray bullet in Arizona desert target shooting area

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/17...-shooting.html

Hmmm. Interested to hear what folks think. The comments provide some amusement too.

Abridged version here (removed some quotes from the grieving family and interviews with locals).

A pregnant nanny, who was the wife of an airman stationed at Luke Air Force Base, died Monday after being struck in the chest by a stray bullet while visiting a spot in the Arizona desert known to be a popular target shooting area, police said.

Kami Gilstrap, 24, of Goodyear, was roaming the desert in Buckeye, about 30 miles west of Phoenix, on Sunday during a family outing when she was struck in the chest. She was airlifted to a hospital where she later died.

The type of bullet that struck Gilstrap and the person who fired the gun weren’t identified as of Tuesday. Authorities said there were hundreds of people doing recreational shooting at the time Gilstrap was hit, making it difficult to pinpoint the shooter.

“The biggest challenge we're facing in this investigation, right now is that there are hundreds of shooters out here and there were hundreds of shooters just south of where the incident occurred, which is a 1-mile stretch of area. In trying to determine trajectory, and actually the round that hit her, it's gonna be a very challenging investigation at this point," Buckeye Police Chief Larry Hall told AZFamily.com.

Authorities are often in the area to monitor the activity. It's legal to shoot on large swaths of U.S.-owned land in Arizona. Hall said there’s no regulations on which direction people have to shoot.
    One thing that struck me: the cops are saying it's tough to figure out who hit her since there were "hundreds" of shooters out there in a one-mile stretch... So there's hundreds of shooters? Aside from it being a little "duh" to go out for a 'family outing' to a known/popular shooting area, the noise must be noteworthy and constant and you're wandering around the desert? Sumtin' don't make sense here.
    Last edited by KCJones; January 17th, 2018 at 03:54 PM. Reason: typo
    DGAF

Default Re: Woman dies after being hit by stray bullet in Arizona desert target shooting area

Seems fishy.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Woman dies after being hit by stray bullet in Arizona desert target shooting area

"A pregnant nanny, who was the wife of an airman stationed at Luke Air Force Base, died Monday after being struck in the chest by a stray bullet while visiting a spot in the Arizona desert known to be a popular target shooting area, police said.

Kami Gilstrap, 24, of Goodyear, was roaming the desert in Buckeye, about 30 miles west of Phoenix, on Sunday during a family outing when she was struck in the chest. She was airlifted to a hospital where she later died."

I know this isn't right but this sounds like someone got rid of her and is using the SOMEONE out of hundreds of shooter routine to get away with it. A pregnant woman walking around in the desert with the sounds of gun fire seems odd even to demented asshole like me.

(Susquehanna County)

Much of the Mid-West and South West have HUGE expanses of PUBLIC USE LANDS with few is any rules.. just go out there an unload you quad or sand rail or firearm. Most semi smart go shoot at areas with backdrops (Mountains or Sand dunes)..
    Would not be hard to wander the desert or go Off road and cross the flight path of a bullet from some jack wagon shooting beer cans with a .50 Desert Eagle ro 300 WinMag and not know where the discharge noise is coming from. One weekends and holidays HUNDREDS of people go out into public use wilderness areas to camp, shoot, hike, 4wheel.. you name it..

I always said people were fools or idiots for getting out in these wilderness areas and have death or near death experiences.
    But us Eastern folks have no frigging clue until you are out there sight seeing and suddenly realize you have not seen another human or structure for 2-3 hours of driving.
    While in Phoenix I got bored one afternoon and decided to drive out into the country, planning to turn right at next intersection with a town name, and again and again then be back in Phoenix.
    after staying on the same road doing 60-70 for around 2.5 hours and not seeing a next road I realized: Nobody knew where I was, my cellphone had no signal and I was below 1/2 tank..hmmmmm
    Long story my "loop" was almost 300 miles I passed 2 towns, near the end of the loop and saw maybe 4 people

Story definitely sux and prayers to the family
    Last edited by Parrisk; January 17th, 2018 at 06:02 PM.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Berks County)

It does sound suspicious, bummer for the woman and her unborn child.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Darwin occasionally stirs the genetic pot a little.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

I wonder if her ghost will haunt the place.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Face to name

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt