Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Legit self defense or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    This isn't about a thousand dollar bumper, it's about hey, why the fuck did you hit my car from both of these guys.
    2 dumb shits beating their chests, I was trying to be nice.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

You get back in your car, lock the door, call 911, and let the police sort it out. It may not be the "manly" thing to do, but it has a much better outcome.

(Elk County)

Weiss will have a fair trial, followed by a proper hanging.

He didn't retreat and stay retreated.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(York County)

He's most likely seen to many videos of young urban utes in Chicago and was afraid he might be next. In Minnesota they have the largest population of Somali immigrants in the nation, and the problems caused are on par with Norway and Sweden in some areas.

That said, I agree with the majority: if he had a duty to retreat it doesn't appear he tried. The cops were already called, and he could have locked himself in his car or stepped away 50', it sounds like there were plenty of other witnesses. If he climbed back in and locked his doors, and a window was broken by the opposing party, all's fair.

PSA: Always remember to double tap through auto glass: first round breaks it, and the second (and subsequent rounds) should follow through the initial hole.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    PSA: Always remember to double tap through auto glass: first round breaks it, and the second (and subsequent rounds) should follow through the initial hole.
    One shot only, if it is a 45ACP.

The perp will be toast, along with the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Susquehanna County)

Not! Once the confrontation became aggressive enough driver 1 needed to retrieve his handgun he should have stayed in the vehicle or put some space between him and the scene.. should driver 2 confront him or attempt to get into the car.. well case by case but closer to cause... IMHO
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Bucks County)

Maybe the gun "just went off"? Heard about that a lot, over the years.

(Monroe County)

I wasn't there nor do I really know what went on in the heads of those two who let the adrenaline and bravado make choices for them, but I would like to think that I would do the following or something like this. Sitting at the intersection car in front of me backs into me. Get out of car EDC in its holster, walk to the font of my car to see the damage and to see what plate the car in front had. Ask the driver to exchange insurance info/call for police. If the fellow that hit me (My car) starts running his mouth I head back to my car to await the police and maybe use my smart phone to catch the car, color, Make and plate just in case. I may also catch the driver having a melt down and smacking my car and calling for me to get out of my car. I would sit their waiting the car filming until/if the fellow attempts to enter my car or break my window to get to me then its time for him to choose life or death because I will not be physically attacked or killed if I can defend myself. That waiting period changes given the amount of attackers and if I fee my life or my loved one in danger of death or injury. This is pretty easy for me to say, I am an old fart now and have had some learning experiences, but I remember being young and quick to anger of the slightest slight or threat. The Army has taught me well about second and third order affects of my actions or I would be dead or in prison right now When I was 16 right around SON OF SAM time, I had a dog walker bull a snub nose 38 on me and threaten to shoot me because I was drinking with friends at a park and we were loud and he was walking by. Nobody said anything to him he just walked by and pulled his gun. I went through the whole bravado thing of shoot me M-Fer, go ahead etc. Good thing I didn't go any further or this fellow didn't put one in my head. I don't do stupid crap like that anymore.
    Last edited by DennisH82; January 19th, 2018 at 02:30 PM.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    I wasn't there nor do I really know what went on in the heads of those two who let the adrenaline and bravado make choices for them, but I would like to think that I would do the following or something like this. Sitting at the intersection car in front of me backs into me. Get out of car EDC in its holster, walk to the font of my car to see the damage and to see what plate the car in front had. Ask the driver to exchange insurance info/call for police. If the fellow that hit me (My car) starts running his mouth I head back to my car to await the police and maybe use my smart phone to catch the car, color, Make and plate just in case. I may also catch the driver having a melt down and smacking my car and calling for me to get out of my car. I would sit their waiting the car filming until/if the fellow attempts to enter my car or break my window to get to me then its time for him to choose life or death because I will not be physically attacked or killed if I can defend myself. That waiting period changes given the amount of attackers and if I fee my life or my loved one in danger of death or injury. This is pretty easy for me to say, I am an old fart now and have had some learning experiences, but I remember being young and quick to anger of the slightest slight or threat. The Army has taught me well about second and third order affects of my actions or I would be dead or in prison right now When I was 16 right around SON OF SAM time, I had a dog walker bull a snub nose 38 on me and threaten to shoot me because I was drinking with friends at a park and we were loud and he was walking by. Nobody said anything to him he just walked by and pulled his gun. I went through the whole bravado thing of shoot me M-Fer, go ahead etc. Good thing I didn't go any further or this fellow didn't put one in my head. I don't do stupid crap like that anymore.
    Man you folks from the Poconos!

I have told my teenage stepsons and others.. I am too old and out of shape to run far or put up a tough fit with a youngster.. us old military folks don't get here without lessons learned much like the huge old buck in the forest, there is a reason he made it long enough to be huge and old
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Not! Once the confrontation became aggressive enough driver 1 needed to retrieve his handgun he should have stayed in the vehicle or put some space between him and the scene.. should driver 2 confront him or attempt to get into the car.. well case by case but closer to cause... IMHO
    Yep. If you got time to go the the car and get your gun and return, then you got time to go the car, start it, and leave.
    DGAF

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast