Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: 2 cited in Tamaqa lying on 4473

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    If one can get their drivers license history and criminal history online, I don't know why PA state police can't have a system in place where one can find out if they are under a firearms disability. They could even charge a fee and make some money on this.
    One could run a query on themself if they have a questionable background and find out officially if they are cleared to buy and possess a firearm. The state police will collect their fee and an unintentional crime could be prevented.
    I believe the official reason is that they don't want bad guys to find out that the database missed that conviction they had; also, some of the prohibitors are protected, like the 302 admissions.

In reality, I think it's more like hunting over a pile of corn.

Most of the PICS personnel who I've encountered are good people, many of them are pro-gun folks, but they don't get to make these calls.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    If one can get their drivers license history and criminal history online, I don't know why PA state police can't have a system in place where one can find out if they are under a firearms disability. They could even charge a fee and make some money on this.
    One could run a query on themself if they have a questionable background and find out officially if they are cleared to buy and possess a firearm. The state police will collect their fee and an unintentional crime could be prevented.
    That would be a good system, as it is it takes 6 months to get your rap sheet out of Harrisburg, that is too long.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Now that is a good idea.

(Delaware County)

I am originally from NY. Our laws there obviously differ from those of PA. I don’t know what the maximum penalty for it is here but in NY, if you are convicted as charged, the maximum penalty is one year in jail. It is a Class A Misdemeanor is your B.A.C. Is between .08 and .18. There is also a reduced charged called DWAI (Driving While Ability Impaired). You call also be charged with this if your BAC is between .03 and .07. This was not a criminal offense in 2005. It was considered a traffic infraction. I don’t know if that is still true.

Also, I apologize if I offended you in any way. I simply saw a post that interested me and decided to comment. At the time I commented, I didn’t realize who’s I was replying to. I have been reading your posts since I joined this site and have gotten some very useful advice that you no doubt have gained from experience. I value your opinions more than my own.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Fake news.

Saw on CNN that anyone can come to PA and purchase firearms because we have no firearm laws n shit.
    PA actually has better laws than Texas.

The Leftys and #RedCoatRepublicans are like how TF did that happen in the anti-2A NE?

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    Oh, the horror.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    This isn't rare at all, unfortunately.

The PSP statistics for 2016 show over 7,000 investigations from PICS denials, over 700 arrests, and 356 criminal convictions; that's about 1 conviction every day, just in Pennsylvania.

http://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-infor...ual_Report.pdf

Don't "try it and see if you pass the background check" by trying to buy a gun. These guys are going to have to pay thousands of dollars, may go to jail, and they could have avoided it all by talking to a competent firearms attorney and paying a couple hundred dollars to get a solid answer. I've done plenty of these, and not one person who I cleared has been subsequently denied by PICS (knock wood). At the same time, those who I determined are prohibited saved themselves arrest and prosecution by not making the mistakes that these 2 guys made.
    I've been in the firearms retail industry before and people either attempt this or ask for a 'pre-background check'. Nah ah. Not happening- and it doesn't work that way. BIG straw purchase/prohibited person red flag. I agree with GL001's statement.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234