Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    (Crawford County)

Default Re: 2018 NJ...Bills A1000/655

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    Wonder how NJ residents will react when the cops go door to door confiscating it all
    As a resident of Pennsylvania , and thankfully I have never had a need to go to New Jersey, I am trusting in two things:

That the Supreme Court has ruled the 2nd Amendment is “incorporated” as against the states by the fourteenth amendment and that the state has to hold to the reasonableness test as it relates to the limitations placed on ownership. It would seem however onerous the limitations in New Jersey become......confiscation is obviously a violation of that.
    But since I live in PA, I will stand by Section 21 Of the Pennsylvania Constitution : Right to Bear Arms which states....

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”

Unfortunately for residents of New Jersey....you have no such statement. Perhaps a move West is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    Wonder how NJ residents will react when the cops go door to door confiscating it all
    While some Democrats would love to see them systematically cordon off blocks and then go door-to-door, I think they will be selective.

First, they will go after people that may at one time have been subject to a restraining order or had other brushes with the justice system. They will subpoena and search gun and sporting club records for names and addresses of likely gun owners. They will search credit card records and invoices from selected gun dealers, FOID records (all of which are in possession of the State Police), and purchase permits (all of which are currently in the possession of the NJ State Police). Then they will compare that information to those who have registered their firearms under the new laws. When the the lists don't match, they will claim probable cause and then send a SWAT team out to confiscate the firearms and arrest the citizen, or maybe just execute the citizen should the citizen raises an objection or resist. If the citizen registered the firearms, they will probably then fabricate a wellness check and them go in. Also, they will set up a very Soviet-like informant system so that neighbors and co-workers, which might be aware of your exercise of Second Amendment rights, can rat you out, whether you have done anything wrong or not.

I decided not to change my NJ FOID to non-resident status. In part because the NJ State Police intentionally make it difficult, time consuming and inconvenient (three separate appointments requiring you to take 3 vacation days to change an address and get a new card issued) and other nonsense. Also, I never trusted how the NJ State Police would use the information or who they might share it with, especially under a Democrat regime. Not having the NJ FOID prevents me from engaging in shooting sports activities in NJ, but I would prefer that than to have some NJ State Police SJW flunky sending my PA address to some Bloombergian gun grabbers or worse.

I hope NJ passes a $1 million dollar per person exit tax along with the magazine ban. They apparently want this bullshit, they should be forced to live with it the rest of their days.
    Last edited by dkf; January 17th, 2018 at 05:49 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    What legal 5 rounders? I dont even think anyone makes any
    there is none out there except for the possibility of a subcompact 45 with a limited capacity 5 round mag as a tradeoff for easier concealment. One thing is for certain, the manufacturers are not going to produce special New Jersey compliant 5 round mags for the sake of little ole jersey.

I doubt if it gets passed with that low number. The politically connected with their carry permits would be most effected by the proposal. 7 round max will be more likely with exceptions for law enforcement, or perhaps even the few and elite that have carry privileges, many of which are retired LEOS. N.J. does issue permits to their former officers up to age 70.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I've expressed in other places; I want them to pass every restriction imaginable, and to do so as quickly as possible. Go FULL retard. It'll give grounds for a total whiplash.
    Careful what ya wish for...

New Jersey —-(Ammoland.com)- With the take over of the New Jersey Governors office by rabid gun banning Democrat, Phil Murphy, the first attack on NJ gun owners rights and property, of what will be many, has been launched. The proposed bill would ban most all the rifles and shotguns you currently own and legally bought under the current NJ laws.

Sponsored by state senator Senator Nia H. Gill this bill would “strengthen” the State’s current assault weapons ban by revising the definition of an “assault weapon” to include: rifles with detachable magazines and one military style feature; semi-automatic shotguns with one military style feature; and semi-automatic pistols with one military style feature.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/01/new...#axzz54MgihTW1

(Berks County)

New Jersey —-(Ammoland.com)- With the take over of the New Jersey Governors office by rabid gun banning Democrat, Phil Murphy, the first attack on NJ gun owners rights and property, of what will be many, has been launched. The proposed bill would ban most all the rifles and shotguns you currently own and legally bought under the current NJ laws.

Sponsored by state senator Senator Nia H. Gill this bill would “strengthen” the State’s current assault weapons ban by revising the definition of an “assault weapon” to include: rifles with detachable magazines and one military style feature; semi-automatic shotguns with one military style feature; and semi-automatic pistols with one military style feature.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/01/new...#axzz54MgihTW1

I think NJ politicians see the writing on the wall: 12 states are now Constitutional Carry, some 44 states have shall issue, Donald Trump was elected, the Supreme Court and Federal courts are being swung conservative, and Washington DC just went shall issue under duress from the courts. NJ knows that eventually, their anti-gun communist regime is going to fall, either through the congress or through the courts. This is their dying futile attempts to go full retard, to hold off the invading freedom that they see coming.

Think about this: DC went shall issue. The writing is on the wall for the hold out commie states.

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    I think NJ politicians see the writing on the wall: 12 states are now Constitutional Carry, some 44 states have shall issue, Donald Trump was elected, the Supreme Court and Federal courts are being swung conservative, and Washington DC just went shall issue under duress from the courts. NJ knows that eventually, their anti-gun communist regime is going to fall, either through the congress or through the courts. This is their dying futile attempts to go full retard, to hold off the invading freedom that they see coming.

Think about this: DC went shall issue. The writing is on the wall for the hold out commie states.
    Have you ever been to NJ? There is zero chance of that ever occurring. From MD north to VT, the coastal NE is very comfortable and among friends when it comes to gun grabbing. They compete with one another to be the most restrictive. They live in a bubble, and are barely aware of life outside their comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Have you ever been to NJ? There is zero chance of that ever occurring. From MD north to VT, the coastal NE is very comfortable and among friends when it comes to gun grabbing. They compete with one another to be the most restrictive. They live in a bubble, and are barely aware of life outside their comfort zone.
    I go to NJ every single week. People never thought Illinois (including Chicago) would go shall issue. Just a few years prior, people couldn't even *own* a handgun in Chicago; now people can carry there. Washington DC would be the last place we would guess would go shall issue. Just a few years ago, people in DC couldn't even own a handgun in their homes; now they can get carry permits.

It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when, NJ, NY, MD, are forced into obeying the Constitution. The south *hated* giving up slaves, and they hated having to give up Jim Crow. Screw them, and screw NJ and NY.

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    I go to NJ every single week. People never thought Illinois (including Chicago) would go shall issue. Just a few years prior, people couldn't even *own* a handgun in Chicago; now people can carry there. Washington DC would be the last place we would guess would go shall issue. Just a few years ago, people in DC couldn't even own a handgun in their homes; now they can get carry permits.

It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when, NJ, NY, MD, are forced into obeying the Constitution. The south *hated* giving up slaves, and they hated having to give up Jim Crow. Screw them, and screw NJ and NY.
    I hope you're right. I didn't realize that DC is issuing carry permits until you mentioned it. I just went to their website, and while they do apparently issue permits, the list of places where you cannot legally carry makes it effectively next to impossible.

https://mpdc.dc.gov/node/1286886

A Washington Times article saying essentially the same thing I did: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...y-legal-zones/.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast