Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Question Problem with Anthony Arms in Pittsburgh

I ordered a Ruger GP100 from budsgunshop.com and had it mailed to ANTHONY ARMS & ACCESSORIES as the FFL. Right after Anthony Arms signed for the gun, they were shut down by the ATF. So they are in possession of my firearm but cannot process my gun transfer. I've asked them to mail the gun back to budsgunshop.com, but they have responded that without an FFL, they are unable to do so. I understand why they can’t transfer the gun to me, but I DO NOT understand why they can’t ship the gun back to budsgunshop.com. Why would they need an FFL to ship the gun to an FFL in another state? Am I missing something? I have spoken with a representative at Anthony Arms a few times, and let’s just say that he is less than helpful. Budsgunshop.com has agreed to contact Anthony Arms in order to try to get them to ship the firearm back, but I'm not hopeful. Has anyone ever had a situation like this? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Default Re: Problem with Anthony Arms in Pittsburgh

Dont get involved with the ATF unless you have a lawyer, been there done that. Wish you luck.

(Washington County)

Sorry for your luck. I hope it works out.
    But I'm happy that dump got shut down. Horrible place to do any type of business with.

(Clinton County)

Not sure why this should be your problem. You never received what you ordered, Buds should send you a replacement to an FFL that CAN transfer one to you or give you a refund.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Not sure why this should be your problem. You never received what you ordered, Buds should send you a replacement to an FFL that CAN transfer one to you or give you a refund.
    Bud's upheld their end of the deal. AA should pay another FFL to send it back.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Bud's upheld their end of the deal. AA should pay another FFL to send it back.
    But AA can't transfer ANY gun into or out of their inventory until either the ATF releases their FFL OR the ATF supervises the movement of each piece of inventory listed in and accounted for in AA's inventory book. This affects even items that are in for repair, or guns that a seller gave to AA under consignment. So if you took a gun in for repair, because the law states that you have to have a PICS/NICS check done in order to get your own gun back from an FFL dealer, they cannot even legally at this time give you your own property back. It's basically frozen until the BATFE dictates how they want AA to move their inventory to another FFL dealer for handling. I know, I have a gun there in layaway. Went to pick it up and was told the same thing.

Bud's did uphold their end of the deal, but AA is legally restricted from upholding their end. If Bud's sends another gun to a different FFL dealer, they are highly likely to not get the first gun back. Not their fault that they complied with the buyer's request of where to send the gun. AA is not legally able to pay another FFL to do what you suggest.

And there are at least two other threads already open about Anthony Arm's situation, just search for them.
    Last edited by VooDoo1VooDoo1; January 20th, 2020 at 10:08 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

In a nutshell, the store owner/manager was indicted for selling 4 handguns to a person or persons and (I'm surmising) that they permitted to take the handguns even though it was known that the purchaser was not a resident of Pennsylvania. From reports of the indictment, this took place possibly in September of 2019. The BATFE is supposedly in the process of revoking the FFL that Anthony Arms operates under. Does that mean that AA will be closing? Not necessarily, but a different FFL will need to be associated with ownership/management of the store. If that cannot be done to satisfy the BATFE, then the store will likely close.

There is no way to determine, and it is not for public consumption, what is going on in communications between the lawyers for AA's FFL holder and the BATFE as well as the AG of the jurisdiction. No way to determine what the BATFE/AG will decide to do, based on the indictment and subsequent outcome of the indictment. Indictment does not mean "guilty" but it is a strong public notification that the state has enough evidence to prosecute for illegal activity. It is also worth noting that the FFL holder is ultimately responsible for the actions of any employees that are employed in the activities of the FFL, even if the FFL does not have intimate knowledge of, or approval of those actions. Yes, a knucklehead employee can get you in financial and legal trouble with the BATFE. I'm not saying this is at all what is happening here, I have no idea of the actual facts of the case other than what has already been publicly disclosed, although I do like all of us, know several FFL holders. Unilaterally, they just kind of recoil and pretty much do everything in their power to stay OUT OF the SIGHTS OF THE BATFE.

It will take as long as the BATFE wants to resolve this issue. But at this point, AA is unable to complete a PICS request to move any of their inventory out of their bound book.

(Chester County)

Sounds like the BATF is infringing on people's right to keep and bear arms. Not that the US Constitution matters to them or anyone else in the administrative state.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Buds sent the gun to the agent chosen by the buyer. It's the buyer's issue now.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    . . . But at this point, AA is unable to complete a PICS request to move any of their inventory out of their bound book.
    Don't need a PICS approval to ship to another FFL.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buds sent the gun to the agent chosen by the buyer. It's the buyer's issue now.

Don't need a PICS approval to ship to another FFL.
    No, you are right, but in this case it appears that the BATFE has restricted AA from doing anything with their firearms inventory. It is likely that they (BATFE) will be involved in AA moving their inventory to another as yet unknown FFL for disposition if and when it gets to that stage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast