Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: EDC Wallet with lots of cards

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I have 2CC, ATM, health Debit, LTCF, UT CCP (I go into Delaware frequently), health, Get Out of Jail Free (PBA card, Jr.K#1 and #3 are cops), DL, and gas card.

If I still used reward cards I would have them all combined either thru an app, or (since I'm a cheap bast frugal guy) on a single card by copying the bar codes. Google is your friend...
    Keyring is the app I use for any cards that can be scanned and left at home. I do travel on business so leaving stuff behind, in the car, etc., doesn't work for me. Beyond that, the cards I take:

1 DL
    5 carry permits
    USCCA card
    AAA card
    2 Credit cards (primary & backup, and due to all the fraud stuff going around, the backup has been used more times than I care to recall!)
    1 ATM card
    1 Corporate credit card
    Health Insurance/Vision/Dental (thin but the 3 of them together are about as thick as 1)
    HSA Card
    Commuter Debit Card

That's 15.

On top of that, cash, plus somewhat optional is 1 spare check, 1-2 business cards, gun range membership card, and soon to be passport card (thank you Real ID).

Basically 15-20.

I've been keeping an eye on this ROCO MINIMALIST Aluminum Slim Wallet RFID BLOCKING Money Clip - No.2 and may give it a shot.

Edit: Maybe not... Fakespot has a poor rating for it: https://www.fakespot.com/product/roc...oney-clip-no-2
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by jgencinc View Post
    I use this: https://www.all-ett.com/product/ultr...iginal-wallet/

I only carry 16 cards, and vehicle registrations/insurance cards. 20 will fit, but it's a little tight. Spreading the cards in 4 sections makes the wallet as thin as possible.
    I've used their wallets (2, 1 wore out after about 10 years) and business/credit card holders for probably 15 years now. The nylon ones are damn skinny empty and will easily hold all I want to carry (probably too much) and it's probably 1" thick.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Tioga County)

I go super minimal in the slimmest leather wallet I could find:

DL
    LTCF
    Medical card
    2 debit cards
    1 credit card

Cash is carried separately, the little bit I do carry..
    MikeP

(Philadelphia County)

I bought a wallet off of spec-ops that was made out of nylon that fit the criteria accept rfid protection, so i bought some blocking sleeves and use those together to gain that protection.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Here's mine. Not kidding!

Attachment 104292
    Gee gnbrotz, I had you pegged as someone who would use a loop of wire, you know, for a Faraday cage!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

George Costanza comes to mind....

(Montgomery County)

Use this. It’s tall but holds the cards over each other so it makes it thinner thatn most if younhave a lot of stuff. Fits in all my pants back pockets. Never had a problem.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    Use this. It’s tall but holds the cards over each other so it makes it thinner thatn most if younhave a lot of stuff. Fits in all my pants back pockets. Never had a problem.

What's that thing sticking out the top? I'm not familiar...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    What's that thing sticking out the top? I'm not familiar...
    “Old School” Bit Coin

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by djeuch View Post
    I've had a Tumi wallet with coin compartment for over 10 years and it's served me well, but with the folding design and coin compartment (which was at the time something I wanted), it's definitely on the larger size. Inside, I have around 20 cards total. I can cut down to 17 cards (between work, travel, insurance cards, specialized debit cards, and too many CC permits for other states, it's not practical to get below this) so I've been searching for a 20-card "minimalist" wallet. There's a couple of choices I've found so far, but none of them really hit me as the right thing.

There's lots of options in the 12-card category, but that just won't work for me. I'm not disciplined enough to swap out needed cards every time I leave the house. ID, permits, bank, insurance, 2 credit and work cards add up to 14 just by themselves! (if only national reciprocity would pass, right??)

Anyone else have a bunch of cards they must carry, and what have you done for your wallet?

I'm sure someone will post that no one needs to carry that many; my situation requires a few extra cards that I don't need every day, but some of them (think insurance cards) although aren't needed daily, will remain with me at all times!

Anyone else solve this problem?
    I've got the same problem. Every wallet I've purchased over the past several years seems to be made in some third world country and there is not even 1/16" of leather to spare anywhere. Once I squeeze all of the cards, licenses, etc in there, it is stuffed like an Alabama tick on a Coonhound, and the wallet self destructs in a few weeks. Let alone struggling to remove my DL when asked for ID.

The Rolfs wallet maybe looks good, if I can double up on cards in the slots. Also, there needs to be a place to conceal your LTCF since I hear more and more where some states LEO, if seeing it during a stop, will use it as a pretext to search. I'd rather any cards are completely out of view to the casual observer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast