I've had a Tumi wallet with coin compartment for over 10 years and it's served me well, but with the folding design and coin compartment (which was at the time something I wanted), it's definitely on the larger size. Inside, I have around 20 cards total. I can cut down to 17 cards (between work, travel, insurance cards, specialized debit cards, and too many CC permits for other states, it's not practical to get below this) so I've been searching for a 20-card "minimalist" wallet. There's a couple of choices I've found so far, but none of them really hit me as the right thing.

There's lots of options in the 12-card category, but that just won't work for me. I'm not disciplined enough to swap out needed cards every time I leave the house. ID, permits, bank, insurance, 2 credit and work cards add up to 14 just by themselves! (if only national reciprocity would pass, right??)

Anyone else have a bunch of cards they must carry, and what have you done for your wallet?

I'm sure someone will post that no one needs to carry that many; my situation requires a few extra cards that I don't need every day, but some of them (think insurance cards) although aren't needed daily, will remain with me at all times!

Anyone else solve this problem?