Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Gun in the truck/car?

Quote Originally Posted by PA1749 View Post
    I like to hear thoughts on keeping a gun in your vehicle 24/7.
    What exactly would be the reason for leaving a gun in your car, when you ain’t in it ?

How about a trip to the post office, Court House, any federal building, most hospitals, your local schools, etc.
    If you carry in these places, you are one degree more nuts than someone who leaves their gun in their car 24/7.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Bucks County)

The same reason as open carry?
    I have heard that if you leave it on the dash board the criminally minded will catch sight of it and be instantly deterred by your vehicle's display of vigilance.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    What exactly would be the reason for leaving a gun in your car, when you ain’t in it ?
    Not having to hide it from the neighbors when you go to and from the car each day.

I can easily get my 1911 to and from the car without anyone seeing it on my hip (not that it's normally concealed, but stick with me).

If I wanted to have a loaded "truck gun" - say a 10" AR in 5.56 with an arm brace - *readily* available from the driver's seat, I would need to transport it to and from the car in a case (and uncase it when I got there) so nobody would see it, or I could just leave it in the car.

- or -

I don't take my jumper cables, ice scrapers, spare fluids, reflective triangles, road flares, or any of my other emergency kit in the house on a regular basis (because I want it to be in the car when I need it), so why should I bring the gun in? If it's always *kept* there, it will always *be* there...

I'm not saying that I keep a loaded gun in my vehicle (nor am I saying that I don't ), but I can present some reasoning that could be used to answer your question.

(Armstrong County)

Because I don't want to take in and out of my vehicle every time I use it. That's the point of the so called "truck gun." Also would look pretty silly of me walking to and from my garage everyday with a big ole gun slung around my shoulder. Makes perfect sense to leave it there.

Because I can pull from a vehicle holster a lot faster than, for instance, the iwb on my 5 o'clock, sitting down, with a seat belt. I wouldn't even dream of an aiwb.

Yeah... Someone could steal it. Someone could also steal the 20" chrome wheels (which are worth more).... Or the $500 in car seats..... Strange.

(Dauphin County)

If I lived in an area where my nearest neighbor was a mile away and I owned a garage, I'd do it. Unfortunately for me I live within 3 miles of the center of Harrisburg. I don't trust anything valuable being left in my car.

(Allegheny County)

The company you work for prohibits firearms in the building.
    Toujours prêt

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The company you work for prohibits firearms in the building.
    to enter the post office.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Erie County)

Well, ...

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    I have heard that if you leave it on the dash board the criminally minded will catch sight of it and be instantly deterred by your vehicle's display of vigilance.
    might be a valid point, might be ..., oh, let me think about that ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    Because I don't want to take in and out of my vehicle every time I use it. That's the point of the so called "truck gun." Also would look pretty silly of me walking to and from my garage everyday with a big ole gun slung around my shoulder. Makes perfect sense to leave it there.

Because I can pull from a vehicle holster a lot faster than, for instance, the iwb on my 5 o'clock, sitting down, with a seat belt. I wouldn't even dream of an aiwb.

Yeah... Someone could steal it. Someone could also steal the 20" chrome wheels (which are worth more).... Or the $500 in car seats..... Strange.
    Good point, but that someone won't club a convenience store clerk to death with your 20" rims.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast