Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Gun in the truck/car?

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    gun on hip. hip in car.
    gun on hip. hip in store.
    gun on hip. hip in house.
    gun comes off only when i undress and it goes on a dresser with the wife's.

the only thing that stays in a car is stuff you want stolen, mine is full of junk mail, empty wrappers and a spare tire.

Ps. someone steals your gun from your car, steals your vehicle registration card and then robs you that night with your own gun on the chance you have more at home.
    I agree except on last line.. when mine comes off my body it is either in the gun safe or super secret hidden hiding spot

My wife wanted a CCW bag, either a purse or backpack.. kept telling her if it's not on your BODY then it should be secured.. well long story short went shopping at Wegmans and we got hungry. went to the "eat in" area and stuffed the guts. Return to shopping and some young kid comes running through the store "Lady lady lady, you left your purse on your chair!" and returns the purse.. she verifies all is present and I give the kid a monetary rewards.. as soon as we are not in earshot of anyone "So a CCW Purse, and how would you feel if you had a pistol in there now, better yet if the finder walked out with your purse and firearm?" Since then she agrees with "On your person or secure"

For the rare times I am out and need to secure it, I have small gunsafes in both vehicles and a safety locking cable in the hard saddle bag of the bike.. don't really know what I would do if I were to ride the wife's Harley as is only has soft bags.. hmmm
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    I have. My truck is always parked in my driveway well back off the street , right outside my bedroom window. I have motion activated floodlights and recording cameras , and the truck has an alarm. Not much crime in my neighborhood either.
    A guy in the suburbs near Erie had all that too. So he has a nice video of a guy opening his truck and taking an envelope with a $1000m bucks in it. And fingerprints all over his truck. He forgot to lock his truck Police took the report. That's it.

(Berks County)

The general public has no idea that I carry a firearm, or that I have any in my home. I don't advertise with my method of carry, my vehicle, etc. during my daily routines. I prefer to be a chameleon and blend in. I also drive pretty average vehicles that potential robbers would just try the door handle and move on when they find the door locked. So on occasion, I do leave a handgun hidden in my vehicle for short periods of time, like going into the PO (I park on the street).

I do agree that always having a firearm in a vehicle might be an issue, and that all depends on the area and circumstances. Contrast my situation with a lifted 4x4 truck that has gun and zombie apocalypse stickers all over it parked on Broad Street in Philly at 3AM.

(Bucks County)

possibility of being stolen...left in truck in summer, 148 degrees.....left in truck in winter, -3 degrees. and, this still seems like a good idea, how, exactly?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Northampton County)

Unfortunately I have had the need to lock my CCW in my vehicle while taking my wife for doctor visits and treatments in Philly...

My preference is not to do this, but the hospital has a no firearm policy and due to the health issues I need to take my wife to this hospital, the alternative would not be good.

Most of the time, I elect to go in with no CCW, but there are other times like the night we had to drive through North Philly between 1-2AM because the NE Turnpike was shutdown and my wife was wheel chair bound, mentally was close to giving up, and I just needed to get her home to keep her going...

The choices are not always simple or easy, hopefully nobody else here has to or has had to face a situation like that.

(Allegheny County)

IMHO having or keeping a gun in ones car is not a black and white thing. What's not appropriate for one person may be appropriate for another.
    Toujours prêt

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by flejl View Post
    Unfortunately I have had the need to lock my CCW in my vehicle while taking my wife for doctor visits and treatments in Philly...

My preference is not to do this, but the hospital has a no firearm policy and due to the health issues I need to take my wife to this hospital, the alternative would not be good.

Most of the time, I elect to go in with no CCW, but there are other times like the night we had to drive through North Philly between 1-2AM because the NE Turnpike was shutdown and my wife was wheel chair bound, mentally was close to giving up, and I just needed to get her home to keep her going...

The choices are not always simple or easy, hopefully nobody else here has to or has had to face a situation like that.
    Does the hospital have metal detectors?
    If not, screw what the hospital policy is.
    Its a cruel world out there with evil people in it, dont let some liberal HR representative sign keep you from protecting your family.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Its a cruel world out there with evil people in it, dont let some liberal HR representative sign keep you from protecting your family.
    THIS!

Last year a doctor defended himself against a nutjob he was treating. His pistol was in violation of hospital policy.

Zero fallout.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    If I'm not mistaken that action would constitute Defiant Trespass. I'm sure one of our forum legal eagles can confirm or refute this.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1749 View Post
    I like to hear thoughts on keeping a gun in your vehicle 24/7.
    I think it is a bad idea.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast