Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Question Berks County Courthouse --- Firearms check/lockers

Heading for Jury Duty to Berks County Courthouse , how amicable are the sheriffs at the courthouse to citizens checking firearms at the courthouse ? Do I need to go in the main entrance ? or do they have lockers at the Juror entrance ? Any input appreciated , I plan on calling the sheriff closer to the jury date but was curious if any of you had any interactions there recently . Any input appreciated.

thanks !
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Berks County)

Default Re: Berks County Courthouse --- Firearms check/lockers

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke2A View Post
    Heading for Jury Duty to Berks County Courthouse , how amicable are the sheriffs at the courthouse to citizens checking firearms at the courthouse ? Do I need to go in the main entrance ? or do they have lockers at the Juror entrance ? Any input appreciated , I plan on calling the sheriff closer to the jury date but was curious if any of you had any interactions there recently . Any input appreciated.

thanks !
    I've had no dealings with the courthouse itself, but the interactions I've had with the Sheriff's deputies has been great, from chance encounters out and about to getting my license renewed at the satellite stations they set up. Based on that, I don't think you should have any problems, but I agree: call ahead first. I'm sure that'd be appreciated.

Let us know how it goes!

I've always walked in the old building and said, I need to lock up. They never questioned me and pointed me where to go. Its been a long time, however the same Sherriff has remained. If you walk in the old building the lockers were in a small room off to the left. If you enter the new building the lockers were off to you right in an odd shaped room. The old building has less traffic so its easier to get inside. The new building gets flooded with people. On the third floor you can cut across the cat walk to the new building. I say were because its been a long time, things may have changed.

On a side note Jury duty should be treated as an Honor not a burden. I tell people that all the time and they are like, what, why? Then I ask if your ass were in the hot seat, would you would want twelve people paying attention to the courtroom or the clock?

The last time I went to jury duty it was for a vehicular homicide. The guy who was in the hot seat had his girlfriend jump on his car. She flew off and hit her head making her disabled. To what extent I don't know. Years go by and he is in prison for the incident. Years go by and she dies from her injuries. The coroner determined she died due to the injuries sustained in the accident. Now he is up on the homicide charges. I didn't get picked, imagine that!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

I agree ...I'm a big fan of Weaknecht he is very pro 2A and LTCF .
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult