Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Warren County)

Default Re: Gun in the truck/car?

Yinz don't roll with "GO" bags?

I keep a backup pistol in my road bag, winter and summer versions.

Also, I've got a tennis racket bag that an AR pistol lives in.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Berks County)

I used to lock my gun in my car during the work week, on a security patrolled private lot while working. On the weekends, corporate wasn't there so I carried at work, against company policy.

New job encourages us to carry whenever legally possible. At home, my car is parked in the garage but never with a firearm in it unless I'm loading up to go to the range and happen to need to drop a deuce before I leave-and my carry piece is still with me then.

Freaks me out, thinking about leaving a gun in my car at all times. I don't have a "truck gun" and if I'm involved in something that I can't handle with the 35 rounds of HST I'm carrying, then I should be breaking as many traffic laws as needed to get the Fuck out of a situation I have no business being in anyway!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Good point, but that someone won't club a convenience store clerk to death with your 20" rims.
    If I was a store clerk, and somebody walked in with a 20" rim, I would immediately pop the cash drawer open, then back away.

#rimsbescary
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Good point, but that someone won't club a convenience store clerk to death with your 20" rims.
    Uhhhh if they were spinners.... Then they could impale the fuck outta someone

(Bucks County)

At the recent concealed carry seminar I took the EMPHATIC answer to this question was NO! The primary reason was theft of or from the vehicle was too easy.

I had two firearms stolen from my vehicle in front of my home. I later bought a GunVault and locked my firearms in my vehicle. I woke up to the police knocking at my door telling me all cars were broken into and to check my car as it looks like if my car was ransacked. The GunVault had been pryed open. I found the GunVault minivault was made of steel but the lock was plastic inside. So I basically had no security. I no longer leave any firearms or anything of value in my vehicle. In Florida, a lot of people keep firearms in their auto. At gun shows certain guns are sold as car guns. I always liked to have a gun in my car for convenience but it is not possible in this day and age for me. Things are too bad down here. Thus, it makes me know that I better carry 24/7.

(Bucks County)

This subject always piqued my interest. First, are there actually secure ways to keep your firearm in the vehicle....maybe, maybe not. Second, if its too hard to get at quickly, it’s just too easy to take the vehicle somewhere that there is time and tools to gain access. Third, I usually see a follow up to someone who is a proponent of a “truck” gun or whatever saying something to the tune of, well it’s a cheap gun, so if it gets stolen it’s not that bigga deal. Really blows my mind.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Vuccla View Post
    How about a trip to the post office, Court House, any federal building, most hospitals, your local schools, etc.
    If you carry in these places, you are one degree more nuts than someone who leaves their gun in their car 24/7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The company you work for prohibits firearms in the building.
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    to enter the post office.
    I understand these situations where it is only for a short time and because of other restrictions in place. I was thinking more along the lines of throw it in the car and leave it there, some have already commented on that.

After having experienced three theft from autos over the years, we don’t leave anything in the car that we don’t want stolen.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    Because I don't want to take in and out of my vehicle every time I use it. That's the point of the so called "truck gun." Also would look pretty silly of me walking to and from my garage everyday with a big ole gun slung around my shoulder. Makes perfect sense to leave it there.

Because I can pull from a vehicle holster a lot faster than, for instance, the iwb on my 5 o'clock, sitting down, with a seat belt. I wouldn't even dream of an aiwb.

Yeah... Someone could steal it. Someone could also steal the 20" chrome wheels (which are worth more).... Or the $500 in car seats..... Strange.
    I understand your point of comfort.

Realistically I am sure it is a little harder to get those rims off and carted away. Same for the car seat. However I wouldn’t put anything past a junkie. The stolen stuff that crack addicts of years ago tried to sell was mind boggling.

(Bucks County)

No guns left in the car....either on me or in cases to the range..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast