Transporting guns when traveling by airplane is simple enough in most cases. I've done it many times myself, you have the guns unloaded and locked in a hard sided case in your check in baggage and at check in you declare that you're transporting firearms and you sign this card that says they're unloaded which goes in your check in baggage that has the guns. You then proceed to your gate, go through all the security screening, board your plane, take off, land at your destination, get off the plane, and retrieve your check in baggage with the guns. It used to be you would go to the baggage carousel but recently they started doing it so that you have to go to a special counter or office to retrieve your baggage with the guns. I actually like the new way better, it beats eagerly standing by the carousel and waiting to see your bag on the belt and hoping it wasn't lost or stolen. Anyway, I was wondering about transporting guns by train? I've taken long distance trains a bunch of times. Sometimes I've taken a train from NJ to Orlando and sometimes I've taken a train across the country to CA. From my experience, when you get on a train you don't go through screening like you do if you get on a plane. They don't search your bags or put them through x-ray machines and you don't go through any metal detectors and whatnot. It seems to me that anybody could bring a bag containing a gun onto a train and nobody would know about it. It figures, somebody could even board the train while carrying a loaded concealed gun on their person. Anybody have experience with this? Although I've taken some long distance train trips I've never brought guns when I did it.