Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Port Carbon, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0

    Default I go to Front Sight

    I go to this range called Front Sight. Its all the way in Nevada. I know, its a very long trip from PA but there are other people from PA there too. As a matter of fact, there are people from many other states and I wouldn't be surprised if people from all 50 states have been there sometime or another. People from other countries go there too. So if anybody wants to organize a trip to Front Sight Im all for it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Uniontown, Pennsylvania
    (Fayette County)
    Posts
    2,100
    Rep Power
    13015931

    Default Re: I go to Front Sight

    Front Sight is cool and all.
    But there are some really nice ranges here in Pennsylvania that you can rent the same Machine Guns that Front Sight has.

    Washington County Machine Guns is one of them for instance.
    I prefer to support local businesses.
    Plus, the money you save on airfare and hotel means more time and ammo to shoot on the range.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Port Carbon, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I go to Front Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Front Sight is cool and all.
    But there are some really nice ranges here in Pennsylvania that you can rent the same Machine Guns that Front Sight has.

    Washington County Machine Guns is one of them for instance.
    I prefer to support local businesses.
    Plus, the money you save on airfare and hotel means more time and ammo to shoot on the range.
    True. But I don't think those places give intensive instruction and training like Front Sight does.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Uniontown, Pennsylvania
    (Fayette County)
    Posts
    2,100
    Rep Power
    13015931

    Default Re: I go to Front Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    True. But I don't think those places give intensive instruction and training like Front Sight does.
    Ive never attended any training at Front Sight.

    However, I have trained locally with instructors who were former British SAS and another who was Israeli Army (IDF).

    Check out Max Velocity.
    He even uses military issue pop-up human sized targets.

    Im just saying we have some excellent options locally.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Hampden Township, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    871
    Rep Power
    21474838

    Default Re: I go to Front Sight

    Never been there. Sounds cool. I'll check it out next time I'm in Vegas.

    When I visit my family in the midwest, there's a range that rents FA guns for a reasonable price and I love going there and blasting away with them. Do it nearly every visit.

    Also have an uncle who owns a pre-ban FA and we take that out to the family farm and blast away occasionally.

    Training at that range is minimal, but frankly... I never plan to own a FA gun of my own, so I don't much care. I mostly just go there to have a half-day of fun firing machine guns and yelling "git some"...
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Port Carbon, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I go to Front Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Never been there. Sounds cool. I'll check it out next time I'm in Vegas.

    When I visit my family in the midwest, there's a range that rents FA guns for a reasonable price and I love going there and blasting away with them. Do it nearly every visit.

    Also have an uncle who owns a pre-ban FA and we take that out to the family farm and blast away occasionally.

    Training at that range is minimal, but frankly... I never plan to own a FA gun of my own, so I don't much care. I mostly just go there to have a half-day of fun firing machine guns and yelling "git some"...
    This is Front Sight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfOqdpWAELE&t=7s

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mohnton, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    4,344
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: I go to Front Sight

    I get the offers for memberships to front sight but the distance and traveling with guns and ammo make me think I'd never use it. How did you travel?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: I go to Front Sight

    Hopefully not crapping on the thread. If in Vegas, remember Machine Gun Vegas came out for gun control after the Vegas Shooting. The owner sounds pretty anti for someone who owns a gun range. Luckily there are plenty of other places like Front Sight to take business.

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-genghis-cohen
    Proof Armed citizens make a difference. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=316012

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    15,845
    Rep Power
    21474863

    Default Re: I go to Front Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I get the offers for memberships to front sight but the distance and traveling with guns and ammo make me think I'd never use it. How did you travel?
    Maybe by train?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    East side of the ANF, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: I go to Front Sight

    Flugzeug?

    Noah
    If you are not part of the solution, you are the precipitate.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Want To Sell] FS - Lyman Gold Bead Front Sight and Williams Aperture Rear Sight
    By Cool Manchu in forum Accessories & Ammunition
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: November 7th, 2017, 09:48 AM
  2. [CLOSED] Sold, please remove
    By SigGunNut in forum Classifieds Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 29th, 2016, 09:50 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 27th, 2016, 12:43 PM
  4. [CLOSED] GG&G Multi Aperture Back Up Iron Sight & DPMS 0.03" xhigh Front Sight
    By Seabee CO in forum Classifieds Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 10th, 2012, 06:32 PM
  5. [Want To Sell/Trade] NIB SIG ROTARY DIOPTER REAR SIGHT AND HOODED FRONT SIGHT
    By ruggerio in forum Classifieds Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 26th, 2011, 01:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops