It seems, judging from both the posts here and from my own experiences, that the more appealing gun shops charge higher prices for the same guns that you could get at the more plain gun shops. For instance, there have both been posts here about how Cabela's and Bass Pro are too expensive with their guns. Both shops are very appealing, they've got lots of character and you see all these animal displays other decorations such as airplanes and you've got indoor ponds and waterfalls and aquariums with fish swimming around and you've got restaurants in the stores, you name it. And, although you can sometimes get good deals at those stores usually they were not with guns. From my experience with Cabela's they are overpriced with guns but you can get good prices for ammo and other such supplies. Anybody familiar with NJ gun shops there used to be a shop called Ray's Sport Shop. They closed down years ago but it was a very appealing store to go to and the place definitely had character. They had lots of decorations and they had an indoor shooting range and lots of other fun stuff. Needless to say, Ray's was not the place to buy a gun unless you wanted to pay extra. If you saw a gun for sale at Ray's you could find that same gun for sale at other gun shops for less. One of the gun shops with the lowest prices I've seen was a gun shop called Meltzers which was also located in NJ which like Ray's is now shut down but they had among the best prices for guns that I've seen. They were a nice shop but they didn't have all the decorations and pizzazz and character of Ray's or Bass Pro or Cabela's. Even The Heritage Guild in Easton usually has better gun prices. The Heritage Guild is also a nice gun shop but doesn't have the appeal of the other shops I mentioned and at The Heritage Guild you will often find better gun prices than at Cabela's. Needless to say, in this day and age I rarely ever buy guns at gun shops I usually buy over the internet or from the company directly since that's usually how you will get the best price and for that I must say Cabela's is good. Cabala's only charges a $25 transfer fee as opposed to The Heritage Guild which charges around $60 but I will say this much, the more plain a gun shop usually the better prices they will have for guns.