Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Paying it forward

I had a couple very generous folks on the board who offered to let me shoot their Ruger Precision Rifle before I bought one since I couldn't find anywhere to rent one. I'd like to return the favor (ideally once it gets a little warmer so anyone in the lower/middle bucks area feel free to hit me up if you'd like to put a couple of rounds down range from a RPR in 6.5 CM

Huge thanks to the forum members who did the same for me!

Default Re: Paying it forward

I've recently purchased a Ruger American in 6.5CM, and it shoots lights out. I'd like too know how your rifle shoots. I've yet to take mine out passed a hundred, but as soon as I get a better scope, I will.

(Bucks County)

It's pretty unbelievable IMO. I'm not that good of a shot but with my handloads I often can put 5-8 shots into a single large hole at 100 yards

(Montgomery County)

I am actively looking right now to purchase a 6.5CM bolt gun for Pa Deer. I would like to hear more about your Ruger.

(Bucks County)

I don't hunt so I can't comment there however the rifle is pretty heavy if that helps your decision making. I load a 140gr Hornady ELD-M bullet over 38.5 or 41.5gr of H4350 with Fiocchi lead free and lead free magnum primers. Respectively those loads get me ~2500/~2650 fps

(Berks County)

That is an awesome offer znd I wish it was warmer so I could take you up on it.
    I saw TANNER'S has a few selling for $950 which i believe is crazy cheap. The only reason I haven't gotten it yet Is that I keep looking at the escalating cost after the Gun. I figure Scope/Rings would be another $800, Bipod $100, etc next thing You know you $2500 invested. Trying to justify that while working 2 jobs in order to get caught up on some bills. Obviously at this point I haven't been able to..LOL

For Reference, what Scope/Rings did you put on it? Where do you shoot and how far have you shot out to?
    Thanks
    Steve

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO666 View Post
    That is an awesome offer znd I wish it was warmer so I could take you up on it.
    I saw TANNER'S has a few selling for $950 which i believe is crazy cheap. The only reason I haven't gotten it yet Is that I keep looking at the escalating cost after the Gun. I figure Scope/Rings would be another $800, Bipod $100, etc next thing You know you $2500 invested. Trying to justify that while working 2 jobs in order to get caught up on some bills. Obviously at this point I haven't been able to..LOL

For Reference, what Scope/Rings did you put on it? Where do you shoot and how far have you shot out to?
    Thanks
    Steve
    Steve - I'll still be around come spring I put a $180 Vortex Crossfire II 4-12 on it with some basic weaver rings. I haven't been able to take it past 100 yards but would love to

By the way, be aware the some of the RPR's have handguards and potentially barrels that don't align with the receiver. I paid very close attention when looking at mine and 5 guns had obvious (albeit small) handguard/receiver misalignment