Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Franklin Armory Introduces Short Barrel 'Firearm'

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I just watched the TFB interview with Franklin Armory. Apparently this thing has lands & grooves BUT they are STRAIGHT. WTF? 4 moa at 50 yards

I got 6 minutes into it but couldn't listen to that fucking idiot start one more answer with the word "So".
    My God, people. Do you young people know how fucking DUMB you sound when you talk like that?

Q: Is the gun green?
    A: So, it is green.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

build a round with some form of spiral grooving on it that causes it to rotate via air friction instead of the barrel. It won't be as effective but it might work.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    4 MOA at 50 yards is 8+ inches at 100 yards. Add shooter error or flyers and now you're chopping away at the wooden target frames.
    4 MOA is 4 MOA. You might have a misunderstanding of the difference of MOA and inches

4 MOA = 2 Inches at 50 yard, or 4 inches at 100 yards, or 8 inches at 200 yards, or 12 inches at 300 yards, etc.

8 inches at 100 yards is 8 MOA.

So, its an expensive inaccurate shotgun.

(Allegheny County)

I know that people have tried to rain on my parade regarding my 7.5" barrel pistol - telling me that it has very little velocity and that it won't be any good at long distances, but I knew that going into it, and my particular pistol was not intended for distances of more than generally about 30 FEET.

I don't think there's a huge market for people "like me" who only want a gun that is good for "close range" and if it were me, I'd never pay a shit ton of money just to avoid going the SBR route when I can do it for cheap by building a pistol.
    I'm usually pretty open to new concepts, but I can't quite make sense of this one.

(Bucks County)

Yeah, that was definitely a brain fart. Thanks. Dunno why something about it seemed to suggest (to me) that it was 4 inches at 50. Notice I had written 8+, allowing for the fact an MOA is slightly bigger than an inch.

I years ago used to use Brenneke shotgun slugs, which had their own "rifling". I had assumed they developed rotation by the gasses pressing against the shallow vanes while in the bore, and then by air as they flew.

As for beginning a sentence with so, I'm not sure which is more irritating....that, or the constant use of the word actually.
    Last edited by Bang; January 23rd, 2018 at 01:53 PM.

(Columbia County)

This might seem like a good way to stick it to the NFA but in a sense they are using California gun owner strategy. That is instead of fighting the gun law; lets make products that skirt the law only to have it banned in the near future. Of course gun owners get pacified and thrilled with their new soon to be banned range toy, and no one is fighting the original law.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    I hardly would consider the accuracy to be bad enough that it will be "banned from ranges." The mil-spec accuracy for an AR-15 is 4 MOA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Yeah, that was definitely a brain fart. Thanks. Dunno why something about it seemed to suggest (to me) that it was 4 inches at 50. Notice I had written 8+, allowing for the fact an MOA is slightly bigger than an inch.

I years ago used to use Brenneke shotgun slugs, which had their own "rifling". I had assumed they developed rotation by the gasses pressing against the shallow vanes while in the bore, and then by air as they flew.

As for beginning a sentence with so, I'm not sure which is more irritating....that, or the constant use of the word actually.
    Not just you it got me too, so I had to delete my comment. +1 for danhr
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    This might seem like a good way to stick it to the NFA but in a sense they are using California gun owner strategy. That is instead of fighting the gun law; lets make products that skirt the law only to have it banned in the near future. Of course gun owners get pacified and thrilled with their new soon to be banned range toy, and no one is fighting the original law.
    I'm all for sticking it to the NFA - and just because I think this thing is dumber than a bumpfire stock, doesn't mean it doesn't fit somebody else's needs. The NRA said they would fight the Hughes Amendment, and to my knowledge have never done a thing since then. 30+ years later and many people will never live to see the Hughes Amendment repealed and if I could bet on it, it never will be.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I got 6 minutes into it but couldn't listen to that fucking idiot start one more answer with the word "So".
    My God, people. Do you young people know how fucking DUMB you sound when you talk like that?

Q: Is the gun green?
    A: So, it is green.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
    So, I hate it too! The sad thing is that it is contagious. I catch myself talking that every now and then and then I slap myself.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast