Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

(Northampton County)

Question Concealed weapons permit after a misdemeanor 3 drug paraphernalia conviction

Hello I live in Northampton county. I am 66 years old. I had a valid canceled weapons permit for over 30 years , after a arrest of a drug paraphernalia charge resulting in a class 3 misdemeanor conviction ,nine months probation, weekly random drug testing, fines and community service all completed successfully on schedule seven years ago Would I be successful having a concealed application accepted ? At the time of my arrest I had a valid permit no firearm in my possession and was never told my permit was not valid or to turn it in. I just let it expire expecting the worse

Default Re: Concealed weapons permit after a misdemeanor 3 drug paraphernalia conviction

Depends if in your county there is a character clause.
    Other than that, you probably need to hire a lawyer to scrub your
    record out of the system, then reapply.
    I'm a bricklayer, not a lawyer

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Concealed weapons permit after a misdemeanor 3 drug paraphernalia conviction

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Depends if in your county there is a character clause.
    The legal requirements are uniform across the state, and dictated by Statute. In my opinion, the OP is prohibited from obtaining a ltcf while the conviction is on his record. He will need a pardon and expungement if he wishes to legally carry in the future.

Gnbrotz is correct that the OP cannot get an LTCF with any drug conviction on his record.

However, a pardon will take 4 years, and is not certain. There's another option for the OP, that takes about the same time but is almost certain to succeed.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    The legal requirements are uniform across the state, and dictated by Statute. .
    Thanks, did not know that.

(Northampton County)

Thanks to all that replied to my question. Maybe there will be time in the next life to get it right. I consider myself lucky loosing only the concealed carry privilege as the outcome could have been different. Plus my permit was never revoked, I just never reapplied and now I do not plan to. I always say by the time you learn all the rules your to old to play

(Bucks County)

If it were me Biker, I'd hire an attorney and go from there. My right to carry is one thing I wouldn't give up without a fight. Good luck
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire