Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Elk County)

Default Re: ATF asking for public input re bumpfire rules.

Merged two threads on the subject.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Crawford County)

It appears the BATF has already made up their mind as evidenced by the questions they are asking. Are they really so ignorant of how a bump stock operates that they would seriously ask if there is a market for military and law enforcement applications? And are they really asking the public to do their research for them rather than do it themselves? The Agency has already been given the go ahead to interpret the law as Congress created it anyway it wants......which is the real tradegy. I applaud all who take the time to comment. I understand those who don’t. 5hey are going to have to define an unacceptable rate of fire and then start picking apart pieces of plastic and metal to ban for a long time. What a waste of taxpayers money.

(Berks County)

Did it.

(Bucks County)

I hope the quivering in fear is not aimed at me. I have other things to consider besides what ATF is going to do anyway while setting me up as an easy mark by who knows. Fuck them and fuck that.

(Crawford County)

ATF and any other federal agency knows who you are but as of yet, when you buy a gun you are not asked to swear that you will relinquish those guns when the government comes to confiscate them. Depending on what you say on the website, you could be placing yourself in a file that contains persons of interest who will probably resist based on the computer algorithm set up to filter every “public comment.”

In this case, my personal opinion is that they have made up their minds and they want to know who will oppose them and how many of them there are. It’s a great way to collect intelligence.

Now, I will take my tinfoil hat off and finish reading the books on WACO and Ruby Ridge.
    Last edited by Williamsmith; January 14th, 2018 at 03:27 PM.

(York County)

Default Re: ATF taking comments regarding their ability to redefine what is and is not a MG.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    ATF and any other federal agency knows who you are but as of yet, when you buy a gun you are not asked to swear that you will relinquish those guns when the government comes to confiscate them. Depending on what you say on the website, you could be placing yourself in a file that contains persons of interest who will probably resist based on the computer algorithm set up to filter every “public comment.”

I've considered that as well. I think we still are several election cycles away, but it is likely to happen.

I want to be on that "naughty list" when the time comes. Hopefully I'll be old enough to not give a shit, and young enough to make things interesting.

A more likely short term outcome is being flooded with tele-marketing, etc. I had this happen as soon as I filed for a USDOT registration. The marketing calls and emails started instantly. I bet various political fund raising groups will be all over that list.

(Chester County)

Default Re: ATF taking comments regarding their ability to redefine what is and is not a MG.

Copied and paste.

(Montgomery County)

Commented

(Northampton County)

Commented on the eleventh but it is still not posted. When I use my tracking number I get "This comment was received in Regulations.gov but is not yet posted. Please contact the agency directly for more information."

How long does it really take?

Stuart

(Chester County)

Message sent to the Party Bureau.
    Hoplophobia is funny

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast