Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: ATF taking comments regarding their ability to redefine what is and is not a MG.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    They are asking us
    Is your dentist taking on new patients?

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: ATF taking comments regarding their ability to redefine what is and is not a MG.

I too commented.
    I wonder if I had already commented when GOA sent an email to me ?
    --ET

Bumping up! Only a week left and Just over 3300 comments and there are many that are for the ATF banning bump stocks as well as semi auto rifles they like to call "Assault weapons". This is easy and free so do it or don't complain if it goes south.

Here is a link to the comments feel free to dig through and see the kind of idiots we are dealing with.

https://www.regulations.gov/docketBr...=ATF-2018-0001

(Montgomery County)

I don't fully understand how these comments are used or influence the decision makers. But, looking at the official request for comments, they appear to be mostly looking for manufacturers and retailers comments surrounding financial impacts and how the devices are marketed. For consumers, this is what they are looking for comment on:
    Consumers
    21. In your experience, where have you seen these devices for sale and which of these has been the most common outlet from which consumers have purchased these devices (e.g., brick and mortar retail stores; online vendors; gun shows or similar events; or private sales between individuals)?
    22. Based on your experience or observations, what is (or has been) the price range for these devices?
    23. For what purposes are the bump stock devices used or advertised?
    Again, I don't really fully understand this process and maybe my tin-foil hat is on too tightly, but it seems like their minds are already made up about which way this is going to go.

(Bucks County)

Angry ATF asking for public input re bumpfire rules.

I had composed a message saying since the senators and congresspersons were scratching their heads wondering what the heck is a bumpfire stock, that in and of itself is proof that they have not been a problem. I went on to give other positive feed, and filled out all the required information about myself.

Name, address, phone number, read the agreement and WHOA!. Be advised that all the information about me will be readable by the general public when it is all settled out and rules posted.

Oh, that's cute. Offer opportunity for public input, while setting it up to discourage participation. So, I dropped off. Only about 3600 have posted comment, or so it said.

Default Re: ATF asking for public input re bumpfire rules.

I suppose that is no different that standing up at a borough council meeting to speak publicly and identifying yourself and stating your address. The phone number is a little perplexing to me though. Anyone can type anything behind the anonymity of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I had composed a message saying since the senators and congresspersons were scratching their heads wondering what the heck is a bumpfire stock, that in and of itself is proof that they have not been a problem. I went on to give other positive feed, and filled out all the required information about myself.

Name, address, phone number, read the agreement and WHOA!. Be advised that all the information about me will be readable by the general public when it is all settled out and rules posted.

Oh, that's cute. Offer opportunity for public input, while setting it up to discourage participation. So, I dropped off. Only about 3600 have posted comment, or so it said.
    If you have purchased a firearm from an FFL then they already know who you are. Let them call me who cares we can talk it out.

(Chester County)

Me being one of them thru another forum.

Let's all quiver in fear about public opinion when our 2A rights are being assailed again, not this man. Stand up and be counted or keep grazing with the herd.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    ~snip~

Only about 3600 have posted comment, or so it said.
    So I guess you didn't stand up when they tried to ban M855 either. The above number is PATHETIC, and the scary part is that a good portion of those are for the ban. I guess gun owners don't give a shit what kind of door this is going to open.
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; January 14th, 2018 at 09:02 AM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    Me being one of them thru another forum.

Let's all quiver in fear about public opinion when our 2A rights are being assailed again, not this man. Stand up and be counted or keep grazing with the herd.
    Fuckin A....Did it might try to do it again.

One thing i've learned a while back and from this forum, is that the constitution does not give us any rights.
    We have those rights just for being born. Inalienable rights and all. God given if you will...... The Constitution tells the gubment to back off.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast