Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

Ya see, it all started with that 1930's movie, Reefer Madness ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

LOL, a lot of pot heads popping up lately having to choose between getting high and keeping their guns.

It may not be right, but it's been that way before most have been born. Guess you will have to take OTC meds like the rest of us.

(Delaware County)

What have you done to fight this? I get venting but we need to fight as well.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lancaster County)

People could get an Rx for pain medication from their docs. Or Rx for whatever else ails them.
    I’m opposed to drug laws but also think it’s funny all the people that have been saved by medical MJ. And they also happen to like The Grateful Dead and tye dye.

Is MJ really the miracle drug that treats everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post

In college it helped me understand The Wall.
    I'd call that a small miracle.

(Lancaster County)

People could get an Rx for pain medication from their docs. Or Rx for whatever else ails them.
    I’m opposed to drug laws but also think it’s funny all the people that have been saved by medical MJ. And they also happen to like The Grateful Dead and tye dye.

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Gunswater needs this.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Many cancer patients have said that it helps them. It's been used for centuries by many cultures for many things, but of course that's nonsense. The government knows best, and only has our best interests in mind by keeping it illegal.
    Now it's back door gun control.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    Many cancer patients have said that it helps them. It's been used for centuries by many cultures for many things, but of course that's nonsense. The government knows best, and only has our best interests in mind by keeping it illegal.
    Now it's back door gun control.
    Cultures did rain dances and used leeches or drilled holes in patients foreheads, drained blood, etc

I’m not saying all the old cures are bunk or that there isn’t some benefit to using marijuana. Or cocaine. Or heroin.

My issue is the claim that one plant has The beneficial effects for so many different diseases and symptoms. And many of the people at the forefront of medicinal marijuana resemble flower power children.

I’m one that also believes in government minding its own business and not punishing people for what they choose to partake. I’ve heard all the associated victims and crime of drug users and fail to see the widespread evidence of such. No victim, no crime. So if someone wants to get buzzed on alcohol or weed or coke or heroin or meth so be it. Let them purchase it and use it. If they harm someone to obtain it or while under the influence there are existing laws to punish them.

The war on drugs is a failure. Admitting defeat is no different then realizing prohibition did more harm than good. There are examples of countries that have decriminalized many of the harder drugs and have seen much less crime, overdoses, loss of work and other such negatives that are often cited.
    Instead we keep doing the same things trying to protect people from themselves.

(Wayne County)

Fortunately, for those gun owners who are ill and can legitimately benefit from the medicinal value of cannabis, the active component of MJ that supposedly has medicinal value, THC, is also synthetically manufactured and marketed as Drobinal. I just read a public nktice where DEA was listing FDA approved products containing Drobinal as a Schedule 2 drug, which can therefore be issued with a prescription.

Federal law prohibits possession of firearms by frequent users of marijuana. It does not prohibit possession by people who are medically prescribed a regimen of pharmaceutical THC. So, if anybody really needed it, it can be had without loss of rights.

The whole concept of "medical" marijuana is an absolute bullshit, end-around attempt for stoners to claim anxiety as a disability in order to get baked. If you want to smoke, you should be able to. Let's not all buy in to this charade. Legalize it and regulate it the same as alcohol. If you're caught driving under the influence, lose your license and go to jail. If you want to stay at home and be responsible, smoke up, Johnny!
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast