Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default PSP fingerprints

Does anyone know if the PSP still offers fingerprinting? I don't see it advertised on their website anymore.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: PSP fingerprints

I have had them balk at doing it, but my job requires I get it done by State or Federal offices.
    for other stuff, like non-resident permits they will normally send you to the Sheriff's office (at least up here in Susquehanna area)
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Philadelphia County)

University of Penn Police Department in Philadelphia will do them for about $10.

(Perry County)

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    License-to-Carry Firearm1* (Out-of-State Requests) Any PSP Station except PA Turnpike locations

1* For out-of-state License-to-Carry fingerprint requests, the PSP will fingerprint only if the request requires law enforcement to process the applicant and theindividual resides in a PSP service area.

I don't recall if Utah required LEO to do the prints, but I was told by the Media that they don't print for a out of state firearm license (about 10 years ago). I was never asked if I lived in one of their patrol areas.

I couldn't even get them done for my HAZ-MAT in Media because they (supposedly) only had one guy that could do them and he was never there when I could be and no appointments could be made. I ended up going to Philly (Belmont) for the HAZ-MAT and the Chester County Sheriff for the Utah permit.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post
    Does anyone know if the PSP still offers fingerprinting? I don't see it advertised on their website anymore.
    I just had them done this past October when I had to renew my non res FL permit I called the two offices in Monroe County and both said they did it. Another member said he just called the station I went to a week or so ago and they said they dont do it. It sounds like it really depends on who answers the phone or is working that day. When I showed up the officer at the window looked at me funny however the woman behind the desk said hold on and called for a detective who came out and let me in and took care of them.

http://www.psp.pa.gov/Documents/Publ..._April2014.pdf
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 8th, 2018 at 08:23 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    License-to-Carry Firearm1* (Out-of-State Requests) Any PSP Station except PA Turnpike locations

1* For out-of-state License-to-Carry fingerprint requests, the PSP will fingerprint only if the request requires law enforcement to process the applicant and theindividual resides in a PSP service area.

I don't recall if Utah required LEO to do the prints, but I was told by the Media that they don't print for a out of state firearm license (about 10 years ago). I was never asked if I lived in one of their patrol areas.

I couldn't even get them done for my HAZ-MAT in Media because they (supposedly) only had one guy that could do them and he was never there when I could be and no appointments could be made. I ended up going to Philly (Belmont) for the HAZ-MAT and the Chester County Sheriff for the Utah permit.
    My prints for Utah were done by the instructor that taught the class. (non-Leo)

(Philadelphia County)

Utah can be a Non-LEO, However I believe Virginia and Maine require an LEO.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    My prints for Utah were done by the instructor that taught the class. (non-Leo)
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post
    Utah can be a Non-LEO, However I believe Virginia and Maine require an LEO.
    Yea thanks, I looked it up and saw that's currently the case, at the time, 10 or so years ago, I don't remember, however my point was more about the PSP not wanting to do the prints.

(Wyoming County)

Yea thanks, I looked it up and saw that's currently the case, at the time, 10 or so years ago, I don't remember, however my point was more about the PSP not wanting to do the prints.
    Yeah, I'm retired PSP and went to local station for my FFL prints which they are required to do. Well they wouldn't do them. They were so NICE though and afforded me the opportunity to do them myself I could have started a pissing contest but I said fuck it and rolled my own and left. There's a dick in every bunch.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast