Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

This is absurd.

Next you are going to tell me that it will be illegal to drink my beer while I drive.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Cultures did rain dances and used leeches or drilled holes in patients foreheads, drained blood, etc

I’m not saying all the old cures are bunk or that there isn’t some benefit to using marijuana. Or cocaine. Or heroin.

My issue is the claim that one plant has The beneficial effects for so many different diseases and symptoms. And many of the people at the forefront of medicinal marijuana resemble flower power children.

I’m one that also believes in government minding its own business and not punishing people for what they choose to partake. I’ve heard all the associated victims and crime of drug users and fail to see the widespread evidence of such. No victim, no crime. So if someone wants to get buzzed on alcohol or weed or coke or heroin or meth so be it. Let them purchase it and use it. If they harm someone to obtain it or while under the influence there are existing laws to punish them.

The war on drugs is a failure. Admitting defeat is no different then realizing prohibition did more harm than good. There are examples of countries that have decriminalized many of the harder drugs and have seen much less crime, overdoses, loss of work and other such negatives that are often cited.
    Instead we keep doing the same things trying to protect people from themselves.

Leeches Cleared for Medical Use by the FDA

After Thousands of Years of Use, FDA Approves Leeches as Medical Devices
    From the WebMD Archives

June 28, 2004 -- Coming to a pharmacy near you, hordes of blood-sucking leeches!
    It may sound like a horror movie, but the FDA says it's good medicine.
    After thousands of years of use as an alternative treatment to blood-letting (an antiquated and abandoned practice of draining blood to cure diseases) and amputation, the FDA today approved the commercial marketing of leeches for medical purposes.

Medicinal leeches (Hirudo medicinalis) are blood-sucking aquatic animals that live in fresh water.
    The small, slimy creatures were widely used in the 19th century to cure a variety of ailments. Currently, they are used in many parts of the world to help heal wounds and restore circulation in blocked blood veins.

Medicinal Leeches Finally Earn FDA Approval
    Ricarimpex SAS, a French company, is the first to request and receive FDA clearance to market leeches in the U.S. as medical devices. The firm has been breeding leeches for 150 years in a certified facility and tracks each lot of leeches it produces.
    In approving leeches as a medical device, the FDA says it reviewed the literature on leeches use in medicine and evaluated the safety information provided by Ricarimpex.

Under the law, a medical device is any article designed to diagnose, cure, treat, prevent, or mitigate a disease or condition; or to affect the function or structure of the body that does not achieve its effect primarily through a chemical action and is not metabolized.

SOURCE: News release, FDA.

WebMD Health News
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    One of these things is not like the others. Can you guess which one it is?

Hint: It's illegal under federal law.
    Bastiat in The Law describes how men become confused and accept legal as moral and good. Legal plunder. In this case, plunder of human rights.

What is "under the influence"? How long does it last? Can it be measured? Has anyone tried?

If this pot push wasn't a honey trap they'd have changed the laws accordingly. They didn't.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Bastiat in The Law describes how men become confused and accept legal as moral and good.
    I've said several times that I think all drugs should be fully legal.

However, despite any personal wishes, they're not. I try to behave accordingly.

(Allegheny County)

Maybe if even more people start threads on this same topic the feds will see just how serious gun owners are about wanting to get high and they will change the law?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Leeches Cleared for Medical Use by the FDA

After Thousands of Years of Use, FDA Approves Leeches as Medical Devices
    From the WebMD Archives

June 28, 2004 -- Coming to a pharmacy near you, hordes of blood-sucking leeches!
    It may sound like a horror movie, but the FDA says it's good medicine.
    After thousands of years of use as an alternative treatment to blood-letting (an antiquated and abandoned practice of draining blood to cure diseases) and amputation, the FDA today approved the commercial marketing of leeches for medical purposes.

Medicinal leeches (Hirudo medicinalis) are blood-sucking aquatic animals that live in fresh water.
    The small, slimy creatures were widely used in the 19th century to cure a variety of ailments. Currently, they are used in many parts of the world to help heal wounds and restore circulation in blocked blood veins.

Medicinal Leeches Finally Earn FDA Approval
    Ricarimpex SAS, a French company, is the first to request and receive FDA clearance to market leeches in the U.S. as medical devices. The firm has been breeding leeches for 150 years in a certified facility and tracks each lot of leeches it produces.
    In approving leeches as a medical device, the FDA says it reviewed the literature on leeches use in medicine and evaluated the safety information provided by Ricarimpex.

Under the law, a medical device is any article designed to diagnose, cure, treat, prevent, or mitigate a disease or condition; or to affect the function or structure of the body that does not achieve its effect primarily through a chemical action and is not metabolized.

SOURCE: News release, FDA.

WebMD Health News
    Well, I am corrected. Who am I to argue with the FDA

(Allegheny County)

Maggots also have a medical use for treating wounds.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2012/...ts-heal-wounds

(Berks County)

Heroin is treated like pot, yet opioids derived from it are not, why are medicinals derived from pot still called pot? Honey Pot. That's why.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Gunswater needs this.
    Feeling a lot better today! Sore but ok.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    People could get an Rx for pain medication from their docs. Or Rx for whatever else ails them.
    I’m opposed to drug laws but also think it’s funny all the people that have been saved by medical MJ. And they also happen to like The Grateful Dead and tye dye.

Is MJ really the miracle drug that treats everything?
    Not the weed smokers, but the oil and derivative users that arnt gettin high, just getting free from seizures and sickness.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast