Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,036
    Rep Power
    21474852

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I dont take pain killers just aleave, but I'll tell you what...
    I tried one of those cookies (not even half) and I was numb.
    Any pain I had was numb... Never did it again as I dont like feeling that way,
    but it works and you dont get addicted.
    When I was 16 I had a “Lost Weekend”. I went with a bunch of friends camping out on an island. Beer, weed, burgers and dogs and whatever else. Smoking from the time you woke up. I got bit by some mosquitoes. In my “condition” I became so focused on the bites and the itching I could not stop scratching. It was pretty intense and miserable. I’m wondering if someone like me if I’d become focused on the pain. Zero in and obsess on it and be worse off.

    Just my anecdote. Is there science backing up the benefits?
    As far as I’m concerned people should smoke, eat, drink or snort what they want to

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,358
    Rep Power
    21474855

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    When I was 16 I had a “Lost Weekend”. I went with a bunch of friends camping out on an island. Beer, weed, burgers and dogs and whatever else. Smoking from the time you woke up. I got bit by some mosquitoes. In my “condition” I became so focused on the bites and the itching I could not stop scratching. It was pretty intense and miserable. I’m wondering if someone like me if I’d become focused on the pain. Zero in and obsess on it and be worse off.

    Just my anecdote. Is there science backing up the benefits?
    As far as I’m concerned people should smoke, eat, drink or snort what they want to
    You probably smoked sativa. It makes you focus, speedy and paranoid.
    Its a good strain if you want to stay awake and split a few cords of firewood,
    or paint the entire house.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,036
    Rep Power
    21474852

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    No it was supposedly Acapulcon Gold. This was way back in the day. That weekend must have been something like what the sixties were like lol

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,358
    Rep Power
    21474855

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    No it was supposedly Acapulcon Gold. This was way back in the day. That weekend must have been something like what the sixties were like lol
    That is a sativa strain. We used to call it spectrum weed (phila spectrum),
    thats all you smelled there back in the day.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Hampden Township, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    865
    Rep Power
    21474838

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    You probably smoked sativa. It makes you focus, speedy and paranoid.
    Its a good strain if you want to stay awake and split a few cords of firewood,
    or paint the entire house.
    LOL.

    Way back when (e.g. statute of limitations - 1) I smoked pot for a few years. I always preferred Indica. Body high, mellow and (after a while) sleepy.

    Sativa's 'paranoid' aspect seemed to be magnified with me. It was not pleasant. I could handle a mix that leaned toward indica, but including the sativa meant it didn't just put me to sleep. But too much Sativa and it was NOT fun.

    I can relate to Mitch10mm's weekend. Had a few like that myself. Fond memories even. I'll could also tell the story when a bunch of us made a mushroom and pasta dinner with 'shrooms (we had no idea of dosage, used 'em in 'culinary' quantities, and that truly WAS a "lost" weekend). That was the only time I tried anything 'harder' than pot, and never any of the other step-up stuff.

    Ended up giving it up long ago. Nothing much against it, and I'm pro-legalization: just wasn't 'working' for me after college as a working guy, etc.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Age
    70
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    I think we need a new thread about different strains of MJ.
    Sensimillia from Cali was the golden goose back in the day, far better then the mexican and jamaican stuff. Or so I heard. In today's world, the new strains blow the old stuff away from what I've read. Purple kush anyone?
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    1,416
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Back in the 1970's if you got weed, you got weed. I don't ever remember any one saying what kind it was. As long as it was not 'Philadelphia White' it was probably OK. Philadelphia White is what you had when you took all the left over seeds and stems and ground them up in a blender. Only for emergency use.

    I can neither confirm or deny my involvement, but I had some good friends who were in the semi-wholesale (kilogram or two) business back in the day. I remember the smokey Spectrum, good times those.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Uniontown, Pennsylvania
    (Fayette County)
    Posts
    2,075
    Rep Power
    12555211

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    . Philadelphia White is what you had when you took all the left over seeds and stems and ground them up in a blender. Only for emergency use.
    .
    Sweet baby Jesus!
    That probably felt like you were smoking asbestos.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machavelli

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    1,416
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Sweet baby Jesus!
    That probably felt like you were smoking asbestos.
    Did I hear HARSH? Made interesting pizza topping though.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mohnton, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    4,324
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Back in the 1970's if you got weed, you got weed. I don't ever remember any one saying what kind it was. As long as it was not 'Philadelphia White' it was probably OK. Philadelphia White is what you had when you took all the left over seeds and stems and ground them up in a blender. Only for emergency use.

    I can neither confirm or deny my involvement, but I had some good friends who were in the semi-wholesale (kilogram or two) business back in the day. I remember the smokey Spectrum, good times those.
    Oh no it's not addictive. Just leave you smoking twigs and seeds. cheach and chong and the dog

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 21st, 2015, 12:04 PM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: October 3rd, 2011, 05:00 AM
  3. To All You Permit Nazis - LTCF=License=Permit
    By Kratos in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: August 29th, 2010, 10:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops