Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    2,615
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Heroin is treated like pot, yet opioids derived from it are not...
    FWIW....Heroin was initially produced as a medical product. The results achieved caused heroin to fall out of use in favour of other opioid derivatives.

    Antique-Heroin.jpg

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mohnton, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    5,095
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    FWIW....Heroin was initially produced as a medical product. The results achieved caused heroin to fall out of use in favour of other opioid derivatives.

    Antique-Heroin.jpg
    Everything starts out legal until some do gooder cries loud enough for a law against it. That's the foundation of Pa O.C.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    2,615
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Everything starts out legal until some do gooder cries loud enough for a law against it. That's the foundation of Pa O.C.
    Well, that is the nature of things. The default status of something is "legal". It takes a decision, from SOMEONE with legal authority to do so, to make a thing illegal.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Northampton, Pennsylvania
    (Northampton County)
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    1361432

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    I have been seeing more and more legitimate patients coming into my work asking where they can go to get marijuana prescribed so they can reduce the opiates they use. I work with spine doctors. We have a lady who uses it and it reduces her tremors. She has a condition and he head constantly looks like a boble-head doll as it keeps shaking. Its so sad.

    I said to the doctor how it would be a shame if she could not CC a gun due to medical marijuana use if she needed it because she could not defend herself otherwise. We see patients here and there who do not feel safe as their exhusbands follow them and harass them.

    These are circumstances where its rediculous to take away a personís rights to bear arms.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    2,615
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by chinaboy View Post
    These are circumstances where its rediculous to take away a person’s rights to bear arms.
    Yes - such as all circumstances where the person is not dead or is in prison.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Northampton, Pennsylvania
    (Northampton County)
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    1361432

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Yes - such as all circumstances where the person is not dead or is in prison.
    I agree.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,152
    Rep Power
    21474857

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by chinaboy View Post
    I have been seeing more and more legitimate patients coming into my work asking where they can go to get marijuana prescribed so they can reduce the opiates they use. I work with spine doctors. We have a lady who uses it and it reduces her tremors. She has a condition and he head constantly looks like a boble-head doll as it keeps shaking. Its so sad.

    I said to the doctor how it would be a shame if she could not CC a gun due to medical marijuana use if she needed it because she could not defend herself otherwise. We see patients here and there who do not feel safe as their exhusbands follow them and harass them.

    These are circumstances where its rediculous to take away a person’s rights to bear arms.
    The only way "I" think to get around this is NFA.
    You can OC a short barrel shotgun, and put it in your car.
    The big question is, do you need a LTCF to drive around with it, as its a weapon,
    not a firearm ( I think thats correct)

    Someone that knows the definition/laws please chime in.


    Edit: come to think of it, I thin k you need a LTCF to carry in car.
    Last edited by bogey1; January 12th, 2018 at 02:04 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,083
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Not the weed smokers, but the oil and derivative users that arnt gettin high, just getting free from seizures and sickness.
    Is this the same wax and oils people are smoking to get high? Idk. People used to smoke weed now they vape oil or wax. Just like meth can be smoked or snorted heroin is snorted smoked or injected. Users seem to know all the tricks.

    I donít care what people do. Iíd just like to know if it actually helps with all these different health issues or if itís a placebo or if itís a way to legally do MJ at least in the stateís view
    And again I donít really care. Have at it. Iíd prefer the facts though

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,101
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Maybe if even more people start threads on this same topic the feds will see just how serious gun owners are about wanting to get high and they will change the law?
    maybe we should march and wear purple dick hats?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,152
    Rep Power
    21474857

    Default Re: Cannabis Medical Card or NO LTCF Permit:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Is this the same wax and oils people are smoking to get high? Idk. People used to smoke weed now they vape oil or wax. Just like meth can be smoked or snorted heroin is snorted smoked or injected. Users seem to know all the tricks.

    I don’t care what people do. I’d just like to know if it actually helps with all these different health issues or if it’s a placebo or if it’s a way to legally do MJ at least in the state’s view
    And again I don’t really care. Have at it. I’d prefer the facts though
    I dont take pain killers just aleave, but I'll tell you what...
    I tried one of those cookies (not even half) and I was numb.
    Any pain I had was numb... Never did it again as I dont like feeling that way,
    but it works and you dont get addicted.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 21st, 2015, 12:04 PM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: October 3rd, 2011, 05:00 AM
  3. To All You Permit Nazis - LTCF=License=Permit
    By Kratos in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: August 29th, 2010, 10:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops