Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: Gov. Tom Wolf declares 'state of emergency' in Pa. opioid epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I'm curious how many times you've saved the life of a druggie or a drunk?
    Every time I wake up and look in the mirror, and choose not to take a drink or a pill?
    I even potentially save multiple lives.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Every time I wake up and look in the mirror, and choose not to take a drink or a pill?
    I even potentially save multiple lives.
    Do you consider yourself to be a druggie or a drunk? Because that was the question.

(Cambria County)

Some drugs make any normal person feel so wildly good that they can't be expected to engage in any other activity than pursuing what made them feel that good.

Recognizing that taking heroin will probably make me feel better than I have felt at any other moment in my life, I deliberately refuse to try it. I am smart, at least in that regard.

If you decide to take Heroin anyway? That's your choice. Good luck. I have no sympathy for you. You will have moments better than I can even imagine. But, when your life goes to shit, and you are dead in the street, I will step over your corpse without a second thought.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Some are willing to sacrifice attempts to help the percentage of that 4762 that are “good or bright or hard working, and/or productive” based on a need for frugality? It’s probably not a hobby, it’s probably an addiction. Our economy is growing, we should grow our compassion along with it, in a reasonable way.
    Whose economy is growing?

Those of us on fixed income? Those of us on Social security? Those of us just grateful to be employed because Asshole tax and spend politicians have played "Let's fuck the working guys" since Reagan was in office?

We're 20 trillion dollars in the hole! The dollar is rapidly becoming NOT the currency of choice in international trade. Economically, there's a giant tsunami of shit headed our way.

When we have run a budget surplus, and are climbing out of the hole, we can talk about additional spending on "compassion".

Until then we should be cut cut cutting every expense we can, ESPECIALLY those that create more drains on productivity.

Oh, and by the way, I support the rights of every citizen to possess, smoke, eat, inject or do whatever... with what ever they want. Huff gasoline? OK. Eat dogshit? OK by me, not my business. Inject heroin? Have at it.

Don't expect me to pay your medical bills, though.
    And if you commit a crime while impaired, You should suffer the punishment.
    Last edited by markshere2; January 14th, 2018 at 08:35 PM.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Do you consider yourself to be a druggie or a drunk? Because that was the question.
    While i'm not going to get into my personal life, I will say that I've followed John Nash's trials and can say both the book and the movie were quite enlightening. Doesn't hurt I already a propensity to mathematics long before learning about him.

(Wayne County)

I tried...
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to markshere2 again."

And I'm not a big rep guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    I tried...
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to markshere2 again."

And I'm not a big rep guy...
    got him for ya.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post

OK. Eat dogshit? OK by me, not my business. Inject heroin? Have at it.

Well, that "eating dogshit" remark certainly warranted our attention. The neighbor's dobe used to come over frequently and take a dump in our yard (few dogs like shi!!ing in their own yard). When things first thawed several days ago, I picked up the litter in multiple plastic bags, knotted them, and tossed them into their front yard, for it's the only dog who runs around without a lead and decides where to take a dump.

Imagine our delight a few days ago when the dog ran to the left rear corner of his yard around 8:00 a.m. and - took a dump! AND THEN ATE IT!!!! Then did it the next day, the day after that, and I ain't seen nuthin' today.

But every dog has its day....

And my icon "Klaus" was just the baddest chow-chow - one day on a walk had 330+ deer on the run at VFNP - before the hunters were shortly thereafter permitted to reduce the herd...
    Last edited by bamboomaster; January 14th, 2018 at 09:35 PM.
    - bamboomaster

(Bucks County)

I usually carry concealed at the outdoor show so I shouldn't have a problem with that.... But our lovely gov seems to be the SJW icon... Why can't he resign and drive around in his Jeep..

I lost a family member to drugs... I blame no one but him as he chose his path...but his friends most likely knew and did little or nothing to help him.....I curse them

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post

Those of us on fixed income? Those of us on Social security? Those of us just grateful to be employed because Asshole tax and spend politicians have played "Let's fuck the working guys" since Reagan was in office?

We're 20 trillion dollars in the hole! The dollar is rapidly becoming NOT the currency of choice in international trade. Economically, there's a giant tsunami of shit headed our way.

When we have run a budget surplus, and are climbing out of the hole, we can talk about additional spending on "compassion".

Until then we should be cut cut cutting every expense we can, ESPECIALLY those that create more drains on productivity.
    I heartily concur. My own basis is "until we have established a multi-trillion dollar sovereign wealth fund... we need to be in 'double-secret-probation' mode on the fiscal front."

Oh, and by the way, I support the rights of every citizen to possess, smoke, eat, inject or do whatever... with what ever they want. Huff gasoline? OK. Eat dogshit? OK by me, not my business. Inject heroin? Have at it.

Again ditto. I consider myself primarily a Libertarian: Shoot, eat, smoke whatever you want. Just don't put the consequences on the rest of us.
    DGAF

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast