Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Gov. Tom Wolf declares 'state of emergency' in Pa. opioid epidemic

I called Gov., my state senator and assemblyman office this AM, still waiting for clarification.

(Allegheny County)

Imma gonna write a letter to the ATF an ask for clarification.

(Susquehanna County)

Sorry.. but

I truly think Wolfie sees this as two birds with one stone..
    1. Look at me the great and wonderful Democratic totally liberal firearm hating Governor
    2. heh heh.. now open carry without a LTCF is illegal and we can make their days miserable
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Really, the only question here....What will the SOE do to solve this problem? Is there any teeth in it, other than throw $$ at it? If not, It's as useless as a #Hashtag......therefore there's another reason behind the curtain.
    Nothing just gets money. The epidemic is about money and fear. Mostly money probably.
    They talk caring and treatment but let’s check your insurance first. And the highly rated treatment centers are like health spas or resort getaways.
    Use some of these ghost strip malls for treatment centers. Invest in methodone or suboxine instead of clean needles. Addicts that want to go straight mostly fear detox. Spend resources on making that comfortable and you’ll see more people willing to come in.

But yeah money. Money for the drugs and drug companies, insurance, treatment spas and of course government and positions on the govt payroll. Czars and directors and representatives and all the rest of the made up positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Sorry.. but

I truly think Wolfie sees this as two birds with one stone..
    1. Look at me the great and wonderful Democratic totally liberal firearm hating Governor
    2. heh heh.. now open carry without a LTCF is illegal and we can make their days miserable
    you are making assumptions about intelligence and awareness that are probably unjustified.
    history shows that these elite are blissfully unaware of the nuances in the lives of proles.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Lancaster County)

I’d be curious to know the number of arrest for open carry during a soe. Or stops. Or hardships.

Other than us I doubt anyone is really aware

(Lancaster County)

Its tough to be compassionate towards those who continuously get narcan'd back to life, given the option of free detox centers and then AMA themselves to go OD in their car or some BS.

That minority gives the rest of people who may hate themselves being addicted, a bad image.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Berks County)

What else does this effect besides Open Carry? For example, without an LTCF does this restrict those transporting firearms?

(Luzerne County)

Some of this opiod problem is due to doctors over prescribeing and losing accountablity.

So what does the medical field do? Over comansate and not give pain meds when needed. I actually had my primary refuse to give me pain meds with several gerniated disck and could barely walk. She told me that if you take pain pills for more that yhree days you are an addict.

So if that is the current stance how over inflared is the problem?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I agree with EmptyMag. I don’t think Wolf even knows about the OC aspect of a state of emergency, nor do many first responders.

He is simply jumping on the bandwagon with what many other states and the likes of Governor Christie are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Gun owners, gun shops, cops... none of them know all the gun laws.
    There is 0% chance that the governor knows about this and even if he did, he wouldn't even care - not because he wants to screw over the 35 open carriers in the state who walk everywhere because they don't have a LTCF, but because his "goal" has nothing to do with "gun rights" - he wants (a) attention (look what I'm doing - I'm so noble), and (b) he wants "free money" from the feds.

^^^. THIS. I can tell you from the local LEO side, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has come down the chain via email, memo, or directive. When there's a snow emergency, or other true disaster-related SOE, we know immediately, if not beforehand, when its issued, and what changes we have to make. There has been absolutely zero talk about this. We are not changing anything regarding those 3 open carriers we have in the county.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast