Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Default Re: Gov. Tom Wolf declares 'state of emergency' in Pa. opioid epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    her·o·ine
    /ˈherōən/
    noun
    a woman admired or idealized for her courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.
    "she was the heroine of a materialist generation"
    synonyms: brave woman, hero, woman of courage, woman of the hour; More
    the chief female character in a book, play, or movie, who is typically identified with good qualities, and with whom the reader is expected to sympathize.
    synonyms: (female) protagonist, principal (female) character, principal (female) role, main character, title character; More
    (in mythology and folklore) a woman of superhuman qualities and often semidivine origin, in particular one whose dealings with the gods were the subject of ancient Greek myths and legends.

her·o·in
    /ˈherōən/
    noun
    a highly addictive analgesic drug derived from morphine, often used illicitly as a narcotic producing euphoria.
    synonyms: opiate

please to be using the correct word.
    iseewhatyoudidthere

my specialty is in legal pharmacuticals and explosives.
    SOORY!!!!1
    (tpyos are intenshional)
    Last edited by fallenleader; January 10th, 2018 at 11:50 PM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Crawford County)

her·o·ine
    /ˈherōən/
    noun
    a woman admired or idealized for her courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.
    "she was the heroine of a materialist generation"
    synonyms: brave woman, hero, woman of courage, woman of the hour; More
    the chief female character in a book, play, or movie, who is typically identified with good qualities, and with whom the reader is expected to sympathize.
    synonyms: (female) protagonist, principal (female) character, principal (female) role, main character, title character; More
    (in mythology and folklore) a woman of superhuman qualities and often semidivine origin, in particular one whose dealings with the gods were the subject of ancient Greek myths and legends.

her·o·in
    /ˈherōən/
    noun
    a highly addictive analgesic drug derived from morphine, often used illicitly as a narcotic producing euphoria.
    synonyms: opiate

please to be using the correct word.
    How about if I just call it “H”?

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    How about if I just call it “H”?
    call them all opioieieiods since they're all the same?
    k, im out for the night.
    Edit: nvm, can we just call diazepam "the big D"?
    night.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(York County)

This is another example of the reason Constitutional Carry is the only remedy to prevent the violation of our rights!

No Questioning & No Infringing!

Every single member of this forum needs to VOCALLY & POLITICALLY SUPPORT CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY!

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I’d like to know if there are any cases where the Pennsylvania statute has been used to successfully prosecute a citizen during a declared emergency.
    Also curious about this.

(a) General rule.--No person shall carry a firearm upon the public streets or upon any public property during an emergency proclaimed by a State or municipal governmental executive unless that person is:
    (1) Actively engaged in a defense of that person's life or property from peril or threat.
    How is the bolded 'actively' actually defined? I carry for just this purpose. It might not be 'immediate' but I could certainly see it being used as a defense for a non-LTCF holder. There is a constantly a threat of peril from the shitbags of society, and I actively defend against that by carrying.

(Monroe County)

Let the fucking junkies die. Call it chlorine in the gene pool.
    Bet you wouldn't say that in public asshat.

Although I'm not sure how limiting 2A rights helps with any state of emergency it does, however, give the ignorant an opportunity to spread the stigma and show their lack humanity.
    It's kind of funny but if you knew how many here struggle with addiction that have contacted me over the last couple years...........
    Last edited by Exbiker; January 11th, 2018 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Just saw he's from Jersey......................

(Berks County)

There is truth is the above statement, and the situation is not so cut and dry. Most opioid addicts didn't just decide one day to stick a needle in their arms. They had a legitimate injury and were prescribed painkillers. As they healed, the pain may or may not have gone away. There's something in the brain that makes you feel the pain even though medically it's gone. So they get a few more prescriptions. Then they have to go to other doctors to stretch it out. When no more doctors will write scrips, they beg, borrow, steal from friends and acquaintances who have leftovers. The last step is either illegal acquisition of pills, or the desperate heroin injection.

But I agree that a PA state of emergency has nothing to do with the issue. That should be reserved for situation that's pose imminent threat of harm for the vast majority of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Bet you wouldn't say that in public asshat.

Although I'm not sure how limiting 2A rights helps with any state of emergency it does, however, give the ignorant an opportunity to spread the stigma and show their lack humanity.
    It's kind of funny but if you knew how many here struggle with addiction that have contacted me over the last couple years...........
    I have said that, in public, out loud, to other people's faces. I'll say it again given the opportunity.
    Those who willingly ingest substances that have the propensity for causing great harm or even death, deserve the roll of the dice as they've thrown then.
    Perhaps you missed an important choice word in my original statement: JUNKIES ( capitalized and made it bold for you this time.)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    There is truth is the above statement, and the situation is not so cut and dry. Most opioid addicts didn't just decide one day to stick a needle in their arms. They had a legitimate injury and were prescribed painkillers. As they healed, the pain may or may not have gone away. There's something in the brain that makes you feel the pain even though medically it's gone. So they get a few more prescriptions. Then they have to go to other doctors to stretch it out. When no more doctors will write scrips, they beg, borrow, steal from friends and acquaintances who have leftovers. The last step is either illegal acquisition of pills, or the desperate heroin injection.

But I agree that a PA state of emergency has nothing to do with the issue. That should be reserved for situation that's pose imminent threat of harm for the vast majority of the state.
    And that’s exactly the problem. Many many things Wolfe could do to address the problem, SOE isn’t one of them. But, if anything real was done it would dry up the political money trail

Unless he’s planning to send the National Guard door to door this is nothing more than theatre and an assault on gun owners. We KNOW how Leftards work
    Last edited by PocketProtector; January 11th, 2018 at 08:11 AM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Berks County)

Due to the broad definition of firearm and the mention of public land, I wonder if this would make it unlawful for people without a LTCF to hunt with a firearm on state parks and game lands? I feel like they wouldn't enforce it, but it sounds like that is the way it is written.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast