Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Default Re: Gov. Tom Wolf declares 'state of emergency' in Pa. opioid epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    Tyrants are always using a "crisis" to garner power.

Pa. extends opioid emergency, also proposes new power to declare health emergencies

On his first day (Jan. 30, 1933) as chancellor of Germany, Adolf Hitler convinced German President Paul von Hindenburg that the Reichstag (parliament) must be dissolved. New elections were scheduled for March 5; meanwhile, Hitler continued meetings with industrialists and military leaders to discuss plans to rebuild Germany’s military might. Krupp AG and IG Farben, in particular, donated millions of marks to the Nazi Party for the new elections.
    Countless millions have been slaughtered by governments in the name of "public safety". It all starts by disarming them.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    Countless millions have been slaughtered by governments in the name of "public safety". It all starts by disarming them.
    hitler.jpg
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Declaring a state of emergency makes no sense. It should be a state of medical emergency but I understand that doesn't actually exist.
    They are proposing just such a law and would delegate the power to declare such an emergency to an unelected official. The AMA says gun violence is a "public health crisis". Sure, the Democrats will start with opioids, but they will tackle "gun violence" soon enough. When this bill is introduced, I will ask my legislators to insert exclusion provisions specifically removing from the scope of the law any type of declaration that would involve regulation of firearms, ammo & accessories use, ownership, possession, transport, storage, licensing,fees, taxes, impositions, manufacture, repair, purchase, sale, devise or transfer. Any attempt at such regulation would be null and void per se and any declaration in violation of the law would be a felony offense chargeable against the official making the declaration, with prosecution at the expense of the State and the costs of defense the responsibility of the accused. There would also be civil rights of action vested in the people against any government official or person acting for the government violating the exclusion provision or attempting to enforce any declaration subject to the exclusion, with the expense, including legal fees and expenses, of the civil suit recoverable by the plaintiffs. The civil actions would include injunctions, and triple damages. Criminal charges would, of course, be subject to all rights attending any criminal prosecution. In a civil action, the challenged declaration will be presumed a violation with the presumption subject to rebuttal but the burden of proof that the challenged declaration did not violate the exclusion provisions would be on the government.

If this proposed law has nothing to do with gun control, as Wolf dishonestly claims with his current declaration of emergency, the Democrats will have no problem with these provisions. There is your acid test. The Democrats will vigorously oppose those provisions, and when they do, you will know that gun control is an object of the proposed law.
    Last edited by Wilderness 1864; April 5th, 2018 at 09:56 AM.

(Cambria County)

It's an Orwellian perpetual state of emergency.

I'm starting to think that instead of chastising and making fun of the millenials, I should be giving them books and taking them shooting.

There is so much blatant statist totalitarianism going on today, it blows my mind. Very real crisis of government.

(Butler County)

form 4473 years ago... the line that says are you a habitual user of... used to state "and/OR " some where over time they change the sentence to "or" ...! if the definition of habitual is abused could then it be weaponized to become a prohibitive even lawful schedule meds/alcohol.....? written cryptic intentionally ...this is where they are going!

(Allegheny County)

JUST IN!!!

Somebody tell the governor that the opioid crisis is OVER.

A 43% drop in opioid related deaths in one year tell me that there's no "epidemic", never was an epidemic, and was nothing but a hoax pulled by the government on the people.

It was just mentioned on the news. If you need a source for the numbers, look it up.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    JUST IN!!!

Somebody tell the governor that the opioid crisis is OVER.

A 43% drop in opioid related deaths in one year tell me that there's no "epidemic", never was an epidemic, and was nothing but a hoax pulled by the government on the people.

It was just mentioned on the news. If you need a source for the numbers, look it up.
    Maybe we're just running out of junkies.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Maybe we're just running out of junkies.
    Funny. Cold, but funny.

I suspect the government will tout themselves as the true heroes for getting Narcan to the people who desperately need it.

(Bucks County)

Its been over a year since this "state of emergency". Has anyone heard of anyone being cited for carrying / possessing firearms in PA? Seems like we should have by now...............

Or is this a non issue.

(Allegheny County)

Unlike those who believe this state of emergency's sole purpose is to prevent the 5 people in the state who open carry on foot from doing so, I don't think the government even considers open carry whatsoever unless the state of emergency would be for the purpose of riots or some such event.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast