Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Gov. Tom Wolf declares 'state of emergency' in Pa. opioid epidemic

Damn if I was still in the NG, i would be pissed at getting activated to do civilian police work at a lower pay.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    Damn if I was still in the NG, i would be pissed at getting activated to do civilian police work at a lower pay.
    Repeat after me:

Posse comitatus

(Fayette County)

Post Re: Gov. Tom Wolf declares 'state of emergency' in Pa. opioid epidemic

ALERT: I have declared a PA Citizen's State of Emergency which will remain in effect at least as long as the WOLF is in the executive branch henhouse.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Repeat after me:

Posse comitatus
    Does not apply to the National Guard.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    ALERT: I have declared a PA Citizen's State of Emergency which will remain in effect at least as long as the WOLF is in the executive branch henhouse.
    ...so....are non-citizens exempt from this?

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Rock bottom and everybody's is different. Many addicts won't go for help because of the stigma, then there is education, resources, as of not many months ago there was a 20 day wait for beds at rehabs. Nurses that don't want to lose their license, employees that are afraid to tell their boss for fear of their job. When somebody is in the ER, narcaned or in crisis we need volenteers to councel them and get them into rehab. Relatives, friends and spouses have to speak up, not enable and not fear what the judgmental asshats say.
    These days of the opioid crisis the vast majority are not homeless under the bridge.
    I sat at a recovery event with recovering and I'm sure some not in recovery and it looked like a typical PTA meeting near Nazareth.
    If you could get an honest poll of these forums you would be shocked at how many struggle with some type of substance abuse issue.
    This is not untrue.

The fact is we should be locking up addicts and ensuring they get proper treatment well locked up.
    Same with mental defectives.

There is a systemic lack of long term in patient treatment. Addicts should fall under the same sort of problems as any other suicidal person.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Lancaster County)

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Declaring a state of emergency makes no sense. It should be a state of medical emergency but I understand that doesn't actually exist.

This is such nonsense. Every politician needs a crisis as an excuse to expand authoritarian power and control the people. Now we are going to have a law delegating even further authoritarian executive power to an unelected party stooge? PA is becoming the EU. Wolf/Costa and the democrats are engaging in dangerous political drama here. This is not how government is supposed to work. This is Obama 101 appoint a "Czar" and manufacture powers for him. If there is an health crisis, the Legislature and Executive should study it, and if legislation is needed, develop and debate specific proposals to deal with it and pass them into law. You do not just let the Governor appoint someone, not responsible to the voters and accountable to no one (except the Governor), to do whatever the heck they want and jam it down the throat of the people. That is despotism, pure and simple.

And, just you watch. The lefty American Medical Association has been calling "gun violence" a public health crisis for years now. All it would take would be one of Wolf's lefty dweebs to pick up on that, spin some absurd research and position papers as "facts" and now you have backdoor gun control by dictatorship. And you can count on Republicans hopping on the Wolf/Costa bandwagon to show they "care", and that the believe that "something must be done". If they oppose it they will be afraid the press will call them "meanies" and they will back down.

https://wire.ama-assn.org/ama-news/a...e-long-overdue
    Last edited by Wilderness 1864; April 5th, 2018 at 08:15 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

Tyrants are always using a "crisis" to garner power.

Pa. extends opioid emergency, also proposes new power to declare health emergencies

On his first day (Jan. 30, 1933) as chancellor of Germany, Adolf Hitler convinced German President Paul von Hindenburg that the Reichstag (parliament) must be dissolved. New elections were scheduled for March 5; meanwhile, Hitler continued meetings with industrialists and military leaders to discuss plans to rebuild Germany’s military might. Krupp AG and IG Farben, in particular, donated millions of marks to the Nazi Party for the new elections.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast