Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Gov. Tom Wolf declares 'state of emergency' in Pa. opioid epidemic

Was reading yesterday that Philadelphia is now suing the pharmaceutical companies for creating this opioid problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    Was reading yesterday that Philadelphia is now suing the pharmaceutical companies for creating this opioid problem.
    Right, and then it's their fault other drugs cost so much.

(Berks County)

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    Can we sue the voters for corrupt/stupid politicians?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    Some drugs make any normal person feel so wildly good that they can't be expected to engage in any other activity than pursuing what made them feel that good.

Recognizing that taking heroin will probably make me feel better than I have felt at any other moment in my life, I deliberately refuse to try it. I am smart, at least in that regard.

If you decide to take Heroin anyway? That's your choice. Good luck. I have no sympathy for you. You will have moments better than I can even imagine. But, when your life goes to shit, and you are dead in the street, I will step over your corpse without a second thought.
    I don't post much here.. and maybe its better that I keep my opinions to myself.. but eh.. this time I won't..

I agree with you 100%..

Being asked to "feel bad" for people that choose to let their lives go to shit is ridiculous.. those people are selfish.. I have seen both sides.. my mom.. reduced to ashes.. sits on the shelf behind me.. in an urn.. she died when I was like 17.. she chose to drink herself to death.. ignoring public help available.. ignoring the countless attempts of outreach from family.. I don't hold a grudge over it.. not sad.. every human walking the earth has the right to make the choice.. and that was hers.. substance abuse.. with that said.. I don't feel bad for her either.. if you are hurting yourself day in and day out.. and ignore the help.. and just continue to be a burden on society.. then eventually.. you get what you get..

I get it.. some people like the way pills and heroin make them feel.. drugs in general.. they can do them to death as far as I am concerned.. but don't look for my sympathy while I am out working 60+ hours a week.. paying tons in taxes.. and all that.. because I don't have any sympathy to give you or your useless existence..

some people will CHOOSE help.. some won't.. but at the end of the day... its not an illness.. its not some insurmountable problem.. ITS A CHOICE.. and if you CHOOSE to continue to be worthless.. then I CHOOSE not to waste my time caring about you...

I do however feel for the families and friends.. the people that can not come to terms with it.. get over it.. you don't get to pick your family.. and they are choosing drugs over a meaningful normal life WITH YOU.. these people are lost.. and unfortunately not worth your continued emotional stress..

and if you are reading this.. and are secretly fighting addiction.. GROW UP... go get help.. man up and get through it already.. there are countless options available to help you... I had a younger employee once with a heroin/pill addiction.. there was some emotional baggage driving the addiction.. we talked about it a lot.. and he "tried to get help" many times failing.. he is finally clean and sober.. the difference? the last time he got sober he didn't self sabotage.. if you REALLY want to get sober you can.. every day is a choice.. its nothing more than a choice.. do you choose to fight for sobriety.. or do you cave in and wallow in weakness.. and use.. JUST A CHOICE.. nothing more..

as others have said.. make drugs legal.. speed up the process... and lets clear out the weak already..

(Bucks County)

It would seem that 64,000 ne'r-do-wells reached their predictable end in forecasted manner, ending 64,000 abusers of drugs...and the politicians want to fuck that up. Figures.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by vladtepes View Post

as others have said.. make drugs legal.. speed up the process... and lets clear out the weak already..
    And you would likely be the first to go. Apparently ignoring science makes you incredibly stupid and vulnerable. Although that's your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    And you would likely be the first to go. Apparently ignoring science makes you incredibly stupid and vulnerable. Although that's your choice.
    stupid you say?

Not sure why the need for personal insults.. I didn't insult anyone except for worthless addicts, but I guess if you are taking that personally.. I wish you luck in finding some form of recovery..

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    and just how would he be "the first to go" ?
    what "science" are you speaking of.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by vladtepes View Post
    stupid you say?

Not sure why the need for personal insults.. I didn't insult anyone except for worthless addicts, but I guess if you are taking that personally.. I wish you luck in finding some form of recovery..
    Exactly what I said. There a are few posters and apparently you are one that ignore science and medicine unless it meets their agenda. Then it's bulletproof.
    If you think all those that suffer from addiction are worthless then your own worthlessness far exceeds any addict. What I'm not saying is they should be free of the consiquenses of the actions. I would also guess those soldiers that fight for the USA and come home with an addiction problem are worthless addicts and shoud die?

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast