Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Big Timonium Maryland Sock and Jerky Show This Weekend

For those who need socks, jerky, roasted nuts, cheap Indian jewelry and a possible over priced firearm, come on down to the show this weekend.

Of course I'm just kidding. There is absolutely no reason for a Maryland resident to go to the show, much less a PA resident. I just get upset at the difference in gun shows between the 2 states.

When you think your shows are getting bad, just think of me and the crappiest shows on the east coast.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Big Timonium Maryland Sock and Jerky Show This Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    For those who need socks, jerky, roasted nuts, cheap Indian jewelry and a possible over priced firearm, come on down to the show this weekend.

Of course I'm just kidding. There is absolutely no reason for a Maryland resident to go to the show, much less a PA resident. I just get upset at the difference in gun shows between the 2 states.

When you think your shows are getting bad, just think of me and the crappiest shows on the east coast.
    It could be worse.....

if you lived in NJ.

(Fayette County)

I moved out of Maryland in 2005 and always went to the shows before that.
    I gotta say, the shows in MD back then were pretty good.

I guess things have changed since then?
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I moved out of Maryland in 2005 and always went to the shows before that.
    I gotta say, the shows in MD back then were pretty good.

I guess things have changed since then?

Yes, Preston Jones ran some good shows. Silverado stopped doing the Southern MD show because of politics, he only does the Howard county and Frederick county show.

But today, there are more clothing vendors than there are gun shops. We lost Lou from Shooter's Discount to a fast illness that took his life. Many of the old timers stopped doing the shows or closed their shops.

So as you can see there's not a lot left to our shows. If it weren't for the Oaks shows, I think I'd have complete withdrawal symptoms. I love me some Oaks guns shows.

Pickles? I'm not going if they aren't selling pickles

(Berks County)

I bought my H&K 94 at a MD gun show many, many moons ago. It looked like a decent show to me, I guess things changed since then.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Fayette County)

Damn, thats a shame.
    The only good thing back then about being a gun owner in Maryland was the gun shows.

I was a regular and hit everyone of them. There used to be one almost every weekend.

Fond memories at those shows.
    Once at the Pikesville Armory gun show around 1998, I saw a guy walking around selling an Egyptian MAADI AK47 and we negotiated a price.
    I took out the cash and didnt realize a small red sharpie magic marker in my jacket pocket had leaked all over the money I handed him.

He looked at the money in disgust and held it with his fingertips and said "what the hell, does this money have blood on it??"
    I replied with a grin " All money has blood on it" and walked off with the AK.

After I left, he apparently made a big stink about it at the gunshow and someone must have gotten my tag number as I pulled out of the parking lot.

What I didnt know was, the fucking guy reported me to one of the Baltimore County PD officers that was there working security at the show and he must have told him the money I gave him looked like it was from a robbery and had been inked from a bank pack.

By the time I had gotten back home in Anne Arundel county, two Maryland State Trooper vehicles were in my driveway and once I had told them what really happened and showed them the inside of my ink stained jacket, they laughed their ass'es off.

They did run the SN# of the AK I had just bought though.
    But they were cool about it and every time I remember it, I chuckle.
    Good times!
    Last edited by Ricochet; January 10th, 2018 at 04:02 PM.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Allegheny County)

Gun shows will never be "the way they were" again. Ever.
    The sooner people can accept that fact, the sooner they will stop getting all "shocked" at the fact that everyone wants stuff at the lowest possible price down to the penny and they aren't going to buy shit at a gun show when they can get it online for a nickle less and the gun shows have to make money so the spots that are vacant are sold to whoever wants them and that means that vendors that sell random shit that fat, cheap-assed gun guys like to eat and buy when they can't find the GunWidget 2000 they wanted for less than they could get it online for so they use the money in their pocket to buy a stick of jerkey and so long as they are there they may as well buy a dozen sticks and get four free and maybe pick up a Chinese wonder knife too while they are at it.

Those vendors would not BE there if nobody was buying what they were selling.

Then again, nobody is buying what the gun vendors are selling either. Hmmmm...

LOL! Gun show rants just crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Pickles? I'm not going if they aren't selling pickles
    No. we're not that refined. We're just a jerky and socks crowd.....

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Gun shows will never be "the way they were" again. Ever.
    The sooner people can accept that fact, the sooner they will stop getting all "shocked" at the fact that everyone wants stuff at the lowest possible price down to the penny and they aren't going to buy shit at a gun show when they can get it online for a nickle less and the gun shows have to make money so the spots that are vacant are sold to whoever wants them and that means that vendors that sell random shit that fat, cheap-assed gun guys like to eat and buy when they can't find the GunWidget 2000 they wanted for less than they could get it online for so they use the money in their pocket to buy a stick of jerkey and so long as they are there they may as well buy a dozen sticks and get four free and maybe pick up a Chinese wonder knife too while they are at it.

Those vendors would not BE there if nobody was buying what they were selling.

Then again, nobody is buying what the gun vendors are selling either. Hmmmm...

LOL! Gun show rants just crack me up.
    No, it's because the proprietor (PA proprietor) is raping the vendors for the cost to rent tables for the most part. Secondly it's the ridiculous Maryland Gun Laws. Unless you're from central Maryland, no one is going to buy a handgun from you and drive 3 hours to your shop in 7 days after the MSP tells them you are "Not Disapproved". I'm from Harford County and have passed up deals from vendors who are from Western MD or Southern MD. It's not worth the drive to save $25 on the purchase. Lastly, there's just not as many gun stores in Maryland that there used to be and Maryland has almost shut down ALL home based FFLs. There is a stretch on Belair Road that at one time had 4 gun stores within a 2 mile distance. All 4 are now closed down. For various reasons, they are all gone.

We have become such a pansy Left leaning state, it's stupid. I just hope PA residents never feel my pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast