Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Big Timonium Maryland Sock and Jerky Show This Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Damn, thats a shame.
    The only good thing back then about being a gun owner in Maryland was the gun shows.

I was a regular and hit everyone of them. There used to be one almost every weekend.

Fond memories at those shows.
    Once at the Pikesville Armory gun show around 1998, I saw a guy walking around selling an Egyptian MAADI AK47 and we negotiated a price.
    I took out the cash and didnt realize a small red sharpie magic marker in my jacket pocket had leaked all over the money I handed him.

He looked at the money in disgust and held it with his fingertips and said "what the hell, does this money have blood on it??"
    I replied with a grin " All money has blood on it" and walked off with the AK.

After I left, he apparently made a big stink about it at the gunshow and someone must have gotten my tag number as I pulled out of the parking lot.

What I didnt know was, the fucking guy reported me to one of the Baltimore County PD officers that was there working security at the show and he must have told him the money I gave him looked like it was from a robbery and had been inked from a bank pack.

By the time I had gotten back home in Anne Arundel county, two Maryland State Trooper vehicles were in my driveway and once I had told them what really happened and showed them the inside of my ink stained jacket, they laughed their ass'es off.

They did run the SN# of the AK I had just bought though.
    But they were cool about it and every time I remember it, I chuckle.
    Good times!
    Yeah, you're talking about the Camrod Gun Shows that Preston Jones used to run. That's when we had good gun shows. Now that he's gone (sold the business to Appalachian Promotions) the shows have sucked. There is no more Pikeville Armory Gun Show, that show and the Parkville show were cut within 2 years.

I'm not here to cry about the gun shows in Maryland, I was just trying to make fun of the gun shows we have. Socks, jerky, toasted nuts, indian jewelry a few guns sprinkled in and between these vendors. That's all.

(Philadelphia County)

Hmm,Chinese wonder knife....must be those knock off Microtech and other cheap switchblades I spotted at the last show.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(York County)

I went to the Bel Air show back in November. It wasn't worth the door fee. I was done in 20 minutes.

I haven't done many shows in the last few years. One of the few really good shows still left is the MACA show at the Timonium fairgrounds in March. Now its almost all antiques, but really good stuff and draws hundreds of dealers from all over the world.

Overall however it is sad to see how the gun show world has become a shadow of what it once was. Local dealers ain't much better. I just found out that one of the few local dealers in my area will be closing by the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    It could be worse.....

if you lived in NJ.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Pickles? I'm not going if they aren't selling pickles
    Yea you have to have the giant pickle guy.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12