Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default DelCo LTCF "Tips"

OK. Went to courthouse today to renew my LTCF. Clock is not yet started (see below), but a few tips:

• Parking meters on the front approach (Veteran's Square?) cover 2 spots each, so the readout is blank. Push the button for your spot *before* putting money in, as there may be time left (DAMHIKT). 30 minutes per quarter. I assume all the meters in the area are similar. IOW, bring quarters.
    • Wasn't much of a line at security (approx 14:30 Monday). I waited to walk through the detector until it was clear ahead because I was going to set it off (belt buckle, and clips from my holster) and I didn't want to give them time to be nervous waiting for me to get wanded.
    • Once past security there were 3 or 4 people sitting on benches right outside the sheriff's office, but no line inside. I walked right in to talk to one of the women behind the counter. To be fair, I've literally known her my entire adult life, but the drop-off space was also open.

Application notes:

• Block 7b. PLACE OF BIRTH - I had USA, they wanted PA
    • Block 29 TWO REFERENCES-NOT FAMILY MEMBERS - I have 2 co-workers, both with our work address (which *looks* like a work address). She balked at them being the same address (hey, they're not *my* family or household, it doesn't say anything about *them* being related, but I digress...) then suggested a home address would be preferred.
    • Block 32 IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF ANOTHER STATE... - It says IF. First word. Right there in black and white. I am not from another state, so I left it blank. They want it to be checked NO for PA residents. Of course a non-res who checks NO will be denied, so I would *prefer* not to check it, but I digress - again...

Cash, no checks.
    Have your current LTCF (for renewals) and ID.

Now, about my day:

• I realized part way to work this morning that I had left my wallet (with ID, LTCF, Credit & Debit cards) at home, so instead of a leisurely run from work to the courthouse after taking off a half day, I needed to go home first, which would add 30-45 minutes to my arrival time. Frak.
    • Realized on my way out the door at work I hadn't printed my application, so I had to log back in (several minutes) to handle that. Felgercarb.
    • Then I got stuck behind a pothole repair crew on the Blue Route from Villanove all the way to Upper Darby. Frak. Felgercarb.
    • Got home, grabbed my wallet, and rushed to the courthouse to be there before 15:00. In the rush, forgot to actually withdraw the cash. $%^$%&#&^&
    • With no reasonable expectation of getting out, getting cash, finding another parking spot, and getting back in, I gave up for today.

Only thing that could make this day suck more would be getting dental work.

Oh yeah, I have an appointment at 18:00.

Damn...

Default Re: DelCo LTCF "Tips"

I forgot my drivers license when I renewed, she said no worries,
    just need the expired ltcf.

(Delaware County)

At least you know for future reference. Thanks for the heads up.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Only thing that could make this day suck more would be getting dental work.

Oh yeah, I have an appointment at 18:00.

Damn...
    Went for a filling.

Left with 2 root canals, 2 posts, and 2 crowns.

Cost AFTER insurance: $1350

Shoulda asked for some novacaine for my wallet...

(Allegheny County)

I am certain the tips will be appreciated by others in DelCo. As for the dental work: with my fair share of fillings, root canals, caps and an implant, I feel the pain. Financially and physically. If there is any comfort: you have at least six months before the next visit (I hope). I think that every time I walk out of the dentists office.