Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania gun law question

Just a thought, is the "defect" something there fixing or something there replacing? If they are replacing the whole gun or the frame, then that would be more of a transfer of ownership each way which would require going through an FFL

I sent a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter back for a number of issues. They sent me a replacement with new ser.no , directly to my house.

So now this gun/ser.no. is not in the PSP ROS and I have no proof of ownership.
    Last edited by abner13; January 10th, 2018 at 01:18 AM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post

Interstate commerce is the bailiwick of the Federal Government under COTUS. MA can go fuck itself on this matter.
    hah I don't disagree
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy101 View Post
    No, it's not going to S&W in Mass, I said that I had sent to S&W without a problem. This manufacturer is in Maryland,
    Well I imagine MD has some goofy ass laws too and their hack lawyer is being over cautious

edit: my main point is I very highly doubt it has anything to do with PA
    Last edited by GinzoMatic; January 9th, 2018 at 04:02 PM.
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    Just a thought, is the "defect" something there fixing or something there replacing? If they are replacing the whole gun or the frame, then that would be more of a transfer of ownership each way which would require going through an FFL
    The GCA 68 allows a manufacturer/importer to replace a gun if need be and ship that gun directly back to the owner without the intervention of a FFL.

(Lancaster County)

About two years ago I shipped two NAA Mini's for repair to North American, directly to them and they in turn shipped them directly back to me, per their instructions. So I'm inclined this is the policy of the Company you are dealing with, as said earlier in the thread, talk to someone else in the company or their Manager.

(Franklin County)

I thought that both UPS and FedEx now had their own policies that require that firearms only be shipped by and to an FFL. The law requires you to notify them if the package contains a firearm, so if you try to sneak it through, you're violating the law, not just their policy. And the Post Office is not an option for handguns.

Even assuming all that's is correct, I don't know how that translates into lawyers advising "you can ship directly to people on this list, but not on this one."

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I thought that both UPS and FedEx now had their own policies that require that firearms only be shipped by and to an FFL. The law requires you to notify them if the package contains a firearm, so if you try to sneak it through, you're violating the law, not just their policy. And the Post Office is not an option for handguns.

Even assuming all that's is correct, I don't know how that translates into lawyers advising "you can ship directly to people on this list, but not on this one."
    When I sent a Walther back a few years ago I had to take the box to the Fedex terminal in Bethlehem because they were an FFL. When it was returned to me the driver dropped it off at my house but I had to be present and sign for it.
    NRA Life Member

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    Ive sent guns out to the manufacturer, refinishing, armorers for upgrades etc a half dozen times now. The USPS will not ship guns unless your an FFL. You can ship through FedEx but they want you to ship overnight or 2 day delivery (expensive as hell), cost me like $150 the last two times. I believe UPS ships guns too but I am unfamilar with there rules. All of the times wherever I sent it, it was shipped back directly to my home

Which manufacturer is telling you this?
    That's why it's normally cheaper to use an FFL to ship a firearm. Not sure what other FFL's charge, but we charge $35 to ship a handgun and $45 for rifle, and free pickup when it arrives back from repair. That's probably +-$10 for most FFL's that do shipping for repair work. Plus there is no paperwork when you pick it up, show your ID and out the door you go.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Susquehanna County)

Some how this doesn't seem like a "Pennsylvania" law problem. Less than 6 months ago the cylinder on my old S&W Mod 10 cracked. I sent it back to S&W in Mass. for repair. S&W sent the FedEx shipping label on request, S&W return shipped direct to me when repairs were complete. 2 months ago I shipped a revolver to Pinnacle High Performance for an action job. That too went via FedEx and was returned by the same shipper when completed. Both returns required an adult signature. BTW the FedEx store is in NYS!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast