Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TP9 SA

(Cumberland County)

Default TP9 SA

Don't think I can hold out on this Canik any longer. Have been wanting one, have heard all good. Anyone own and want to add to the pros or if anyone has cons ?
    I want desert tan, I want decocker, I want 18 rounds - this has it all - and $299. Can't see it going lower. Comes with the case, 2 mags, holster, speed loader, cleaning tool/brush, etc..

Last edited by cruzans; January 7th, 2018 at 05:10 PM. Reason: spelling :)
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: TP9 SA

Just buy it.

It has its base upon the Walther P99 design, which is very good. ...just updated some.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

This may be of interest to you...

https://www.google.com/search?q=TP9S...w=1598&bih=755

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Just buy it.

It has its base upon the Walther P99 design, which is very good. ...just updated some.
    The Walther p99 has a decocker on top that if pressed it decocks the gun into a double action mode. I heard the Canik decocker doesn't work that way. If press the striker is totally disengaged. To fire it after its been decocked the shooter has to rack the side again.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks - I did not know that. I was trying to figure out how it was single action only, but a decocker ? What you say makes sense then. Dang, don't want that !

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    The Walther p99 has a decocker on top that if pressed it decocks the gun into a double action mode. I heard the Canik decocker doesn't work that way. If press the striker is totally disengaged. To fire it after its been decocked the shooter has to rack the side again.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet View Post
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Thanks - I did not know that. I was trying to figure out how it was single action only, but a decocker ? What you say makes sense then. Dang, don't want that !
    Get the SF or v2 version then. Basically the same gun, but the action works just like the old p99.

Yeah the DA, SF, or V2 is what you need to look for. However if it’s just a range gun for fun then who really cares if the SA decocks to a dead trigger.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Walther made a number of different models where the decocker functioned differently. The P99QA decocked the gun and you had to work the slide to provide the pre-cock(just like pre-cocking a Glock). The P99AS decocked to a double action type stroke.

This gun IS an evolution of the P99, it uses a patent license from Walther. There are a couple other manufacturers doing the same.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Columbia County)

It looks like the summation of the aforementioned posts is if you are considering buying a striker fired handgun that has the decocker button on top as per discussion make sure you get the action you want. I prefer the one that goes into double action, I don't see a point on the handguns having a decocker button that when pressed causes the trigger to go dead unless you want a glorified safety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast