Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Longer ranges in SEPA?

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but... The longest range I have regular access to is 200 yds, and I see there's a couple 300 yd public ranges. I'd like to stretch my .308 and 6.5 Grendel out a little further than that though. I'm hoping to get to 500 yds or better. Are there any within say 2 hours (max) of Langhorne that have days open to the public? TIA
    Last edited by kcb38; January 9th, 2018 at 12:10 AM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Longer ranges in SEPA?

(Berks County)

http://greenhillssportsmensclub.tripod.com

You have to join or get a guest pass with a member, but it's cheap ($45 to join, $35 yearly) and usually isn't very busy at all. It's right off the turnpike (3 miles or so) off the Morgantown exit.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Iampakman View Post
    http://greenhillssportsmensclub.tripod.com

You have to join or get a guest pass with a member, but it's cheap ($45 to join, $35 yearly) and usually isn't very busy at all. It's right off the turnpike (3 miles or so) off the Morgantown exit.
    Heyya neighbor, do you goto the birdsboro rod & gun?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    Heyya neighbor, do you goto the birdsboro rod & gun?
    I do not, my coworker/neighbor is a member though and we were talking about it today in fact. I may join once I find out some more info on it though, since it's literally 1/2 of a mile from my house

(Berks County)

Not sure I could hit anything at 300 ha ha!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Iampakman View Post
    I do not, my coworker/neighbor is a member though and we were talking about it today in fact. I may join once I find out some more info on it though, since it's literally 1/2 of a mile from my house
    I love it there but is a bit difficult to become a new member. They only accept new members once a year and only for a certain amount of people. You can PM me if you have any questions.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by kcb38 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place for this question but... The longest range I have regular access to is 200 yds, and I see there's a couple 300 yd public ranges. I'd like to stretch my .308 and 6.5 Grendel out a little further than that though. I'm hoping to get to 500 yds or better. Are there any within say 2 hours (max) of Langhorne that have days open to the public? TIA
    While this range isn't open to the public (and may not be accepting new members at this time), I'd be happy to sign you in as my $5 guest - your rifles (assuming they're zeroed and you have the right ballistic cards for your calibers and temperature) would have a good time with the plates (out to 740 yds).

The club does have a heavy competitive schedule, so I always look at the calendar just to be sure I'm not conflicting with a previously hosted event.

If you don't already have them, you'll need flags for each rifle - they're $1 each at the clubhouse (a really good deal!).

If you haven't printed out ballistic cards for your rifle and the bullet you're shooting, consider spending some time here:

http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmcard-5.1.cgi

While it isn't problematic, do you shoot prone or from a rest? Both can be accommodated here:

http://nhrpc.org/

Just PM me when you're ready and we'll bring ours out too. We usually shoot on the weekdays to avoid scheduling conflicts. If you have a spotting scope that sees hits out that distance, COOL. If not, we have the one from H#LL!
    - bamboomaster

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    While this range isn't open to the public (and may not be accepting new members at this time), I'd be happy to sign you in as my $5 guest
    That is extremely generous. I just got the .308 and I'll be done building the Grendel in the next week or two so neither is sorted out yet. I hope to take care of that as soon as we get some decent weather. I have to familiarize myself with the ballistics app I just got for my phone too. I'll shoot you a pm in the near future but until then, thanks again. I'm really excited to give this a try.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by kcb38 View Post
    That is extremely generous. I just got the .308 and I'll be done building the Grendel in the next week or two so neither is sorted out yet. I hope to take care of that as soon as we get some decent weather. I have to familiarize myself with the ballistics app I just got for my phone too. I'll shoot you a pm in the near future but until then, thanks again. I'm really excited to give this a try.
    Cool!
    - bamboomaster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast