Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: M&P 2.0 9MM No Thumb Safety

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    And what happens if when you need to use that Shield to save your life; but somehow the safety became engaged ??

(Allegheny County)

And what happens if when you need to use that Shield to save your life; but somehow the safety became engaged ??
    There's about a 0% chance of that happening.
    I've seen the comments that bring up this "possibility", but the truth is, if you have one, and know what it feels like to engage it, you won't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    He is right - in theory.
    In the real world though, it's not a concern.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    There's about a 0% chance of that happening.
    I've seen the comments that bring up this "possibility", but the truth is, if you have one, and know what it feels like to engage it, you won't worry about it.

He is right - in theory.
    In the real world though, it's not a concern.
    Fair enough. While Mrs.K has a Shield with a safety, I haven't handled it in over 4 years, so I couldn't tell you how it feels.

My 1911, however...

(Armstrong County)

What happens when a frog hops and doesn't bump its ass when it lands??

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Great news, hope it's as simple as that for you! If so please advise: I have a Shield .45 with safety that I'm kinda regretting myself.

PS - now we gotta talk about your sig: I presume you are, like me, a native Missourian (which IMHO is pronounced "Muzzeran") because otherwise you'd clearly have no basis to make that statement.

But if so, a couple questions: Do you pronounce the large road running through the middle of your town - Gravois - as "Grav-wah" rather than "Grav-oy" (or even "Grav-oys")? Is the Meramec river running next to it the "Mera-meck" or the "Mera-mack?" Is that big road on which Rte 66 runs from downtown out to the west end - Chouteau - pronounced "Shoe-teau?" or "Show-toe?" Is the nearby town of Creve Couer called "Crehv Coo-wer" or "Creeve Core?" While we're at it, have you driven on "Olive Street Road?" (What's up with that?)

For myself and everyone I know from Missouri, it was, is and remains "Mu-zer-uh"... SPELLED Missouri, pronounced "Mu-zer-uh"...

But I'm willing to reconsider. I will partner with you in reforming all Missourian mispronunciation. We can work on "Missour-ee" along with "Gravois" and the rest. I'm even willing to stop folks from worshing their dishes in the kinchen with soap they bought at the groshery store with a kyoopon, plus a qwarter from the pocket of their sharts. We can them move on to eradicate "Bahstan" and "New Youwk"... Along with "Leb'nin" PA (where we can also explain their beef sausage is delicious, but not "bologna"...). I'm even willing to make those obnoxious Californians say "El Pueblo de nuestra senora la reina los angeles" instead of "El Ay, dude!"...

I will do that IF you first get those folks due south of us to say "arkansaS" instead of "arkinsaw"... Special consideration if you produce folks from Louisiana who don't say "Loozeyana" and "Narlins".

Bonus trivia question: Which state borders more states than any other, and why are all the trees there absolutely vertical?

I will agree that the weather in Missouri from about June-September merits the name "misery" though. Major reason I done left.
    LOL, this is funny!

I say Missourian like it's spelled: Missour-EE-AN. It's Gra-voy, and Meramec is Mer-ah-mack (I live very close to there in Fenton, MO. It's Show-toe and Creev-Core. I work right off of Olive Street Road out in Chesterfield, and I don't know what it is, but it's an odd name, for sure. To add to the olive confusion, we have Olive Street in downtown St. Louis, and Olive Blvd in midtown. Olive Street Road is out in west St. Louis County (which is a different governmental body than St. Louis City. Urban people and most suburban people say Missouree, rural people say missour-uh almost exclusively, unless they are hobby farmers or otherwise moved out from the city. We do say worsh the dishes, and groshery store. I don't say farty (forty) or sharts (shorts). Everyone I know calls it baloney, not bole log nah. No hable es spaniol, senor! Without the benefit of a map or the internet, you got me on the trivia question, I'd guess it's in new england b/c the states up there are little and jammed together. The summers here are rough to take, that's a fact.

I really got a belly laugh reading your post. Thanks

Have a good one
    Bruce

In response to something like "If I had a million bucks, I wouldn't have any problem getting that new gun," my buddy Jim used to say "Yeah, and if a frog had wheels he wouldn't bump his ass when he hopped."

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bwdavis59 View Post
    LOL, this is funny!

I say Missourian like it's spelled: Missour-EE-AN. It's Gra-voy, and Meramec is Mer-ah-mack (I live very close to there in Fenton, MO. It's Show-toe and Creev-Core. I work right off of Olive Street Road out in Chesterfield, and I don't know what it is, but it's an odd name, for sure. To add to the olive confusion, we have Olive Street in downtown St. Louis, and Olive Blvd in midtown. Olive Street Road is out in west St. Louis County (which is a different governmental body than St. Louis City. Urban people and most suburban people say Missouree, rural people say missour-uh almost exclusively, unless they are hobby farmers or otherwise moved out from the city. We do say worsh the dishes, and groshery store. I don't say farty (forty) or sharts (shorts). Everyone I know calls it baloney, not bole log nah. No hable es spaniol, senor! Without the benefit of a map or the internet, you got me on the trivia question, I'd guess it's in new england b/c the states up there are little and jammed together. The summers here are rough to take, that's a fact.

I really got a belly laugh reading your post. Thanks

Have a good one
    Bruce
    Well firstly, the answer to the trivia question is... Missouri (8 bordering states). And the reason all the trees are dead-vertical is because all those states suck equally.

Glad you enjoyed / saw the humor. Mostly just pointing out that "pronounce it like it's spelled" is not only an alien concept to large swaths of the state, but frankly to most of the country and the English language in general...
    DGAF

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Well firstly, the answer to the trivia question is... Missouri (8 bordering states). And the reason all the trees are dead-vertical is because all those states suck equally.

Glad you enjoyed / saw the humor. Mostly just pointing out that "pronounce it like it's spelled" is not only an alien concept to large swaths of the state, but frankly to most of the country and the English language in general...
    Ah your right about the English language. Have family in laws from the South, and I've said "what?" more than a few times.
    Trivia question, I think I missed that at a trivia night, too. I think everywhere people develop a parochial myopia, and take pride in where they live or lived. I have a brother in law from Pittsburgh and he thinks it is greatest place on earth. He grew up saying "rid off" the table, and calling rubber bands "gum bands." He's a great guy, lot of fun to talk to. Lifeguarded at a public pool in the Hill district oh, around 67, 68 something like that. I was in Pittsburgh in the 80's for a few weeks doing service work on large format cameras and typesetting equipment, it was OK, driving on the parkway, parking in the driveway. Long time ago. I'm going on like a lonely hen!

My m&p with the safety is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I can't wait. Looking at the picture, adding the thumb safety should be straightforward, then I'll have two.

Best
    Bruce

(Beaver County)

Sell the gun to someone that doesn't want a safety, seems to be allot of people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    Sell the gun to someone that doesn't want a safety, seems to be allot of people like that.
    Good advice and probably what I'll do. The shop where I picked the one with the safety up said they'd sell it for me on consignment for $100 or make me an offer outright. I'll ask about those options soon, probably when it warms up a little first. I just have to let the sting of being ignorant wear off a little longer. I'd like to get more than I paid for it, but I know that's not going to happen. I would feel pretty lousy benefiting from someone else's ignorance like someone benefited from mine. I'm not bitter, though. My son (who I'm quite proud of for saying so) pointed out that all in all, it's a cheap lesson, all it cost was a little money, and all that was damaged was my pride, which will survive.

Bruce

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123