Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sig P365

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: New Sig P365

I really think the one F2F was my fault I still wouldn't have a problem carrying critical defense. I just love the shit out of that ARX +p stuff. Practically no recoil on it and it is moving it's just kind of hard to find. In the absence of that I wouldn't hesitate to use critical defense or good HST although after shooting the ARX ammo 147 HSTs feel like a freaking 40 cal.

(Allegheny County)

Finally had the chance to shoot a SIG P365 this weekend. Keystone Shooting Center had an event going on and the SIG rep brought some guns, one was a P365. Purchased a box of Federal White Box 9mm ammo from the range (requirement to use in the loaner guns) and ran my trigger press drills with the P365.

First impressions, the trigger is FANTASTIC, loved it – I had dry fired a P365 at Aces a while back and liked the trigger, today I dry fired it again and shot it, fantastic trigger.

My first 5 rounds were pretty much a one hole group at 7 yards. Good enough for me. I then ran some two shot/controlled pair drills, some 3 shot drills, and some failure to stop drills – from the ready at 7 yards. Ended up with 5 rounds slow fire at 10 yards.

During the 3 shot drills, I experienced a failure to feed; a tap/rack/bang cleared it. I recovered the live round and re-inserted it into the magazine, it fed no problem. Who knows why?

Perceived felt recoil: this is what I wanted to really see for myself; honestly the P365’s felt recoil felt like the Glock 43 to me, maybe – a little softer. I’ve gone through some 43s (7 in the last year and a half). I shoot the gun good, but don’t enjoy shooting it… after 50 rounds I am ready to put it away. The P365 didn’t make me want to put it away after the first box, but then I wouldn’t want to attend a training class with it where I would have to fire 300 or so rounds in a day through it either.

Would I buy a P365 – maybe down the road when I feel that the peening problems and striker breaking problems are resolved I will pick one up. For now, I'm back to my Front Serrations Gen 4 Glock 19 or Glock 26 with a grip reduction/stippling job.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Chester County)

Greg Cote has 10 round factory mags in stock for the 365. He's a top notch guy where I get all my Sig mags from. Found him on Sig Forums a few years back.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/sig-saue...10-p-1917.html
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Greg Cote has 10 round factory mags in stock for the 365. He's a top notch guy where I get all my Sig mags from. Found him on Sig Forums a few years back.

I too, would recommend Greg. Have been using him since his days in the PRMD, before he saw the light and moved to Florida. Dave_n

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post

Yep. Good guy to buy from.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Long video the focuses on mostly flawless performance, but shows severe striker drag on primer, which may be what's breaking strikers out there. The last few minutes though, are worth the watch. His trigger just broke.

I know my gun has been fine, but I'm starting to worry about carrying it. I've never thought twice about my HK.

Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Hopefully by the time my order ships in 6 months, they'll have fixed these issues.....

That primer drag is a concern though, I read a few threads on Sigtalk about it being more prevalent on subcompact guns because of the extreme angles needed to fit everything in such a small package, but this looks like a fundamental engineering oversight. Not sure how they're going to fix that with updated parts.
    Last edited by rice rocket; May 26th, 2018 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    Hopefully by the time my order ships in 6 months, they'll have fixed these issues.....

That primer drag is a concern though, I read a few threads on Sigtalk about it being more prevalent on subcompact guns because of the extreme angles needed to fit everything in such a small package, but this looks like a fundamental engineering oversight. Not sure how they're going to fix that with updated parts.
    It’s NOT common on properly made pistols. Idiots (not you) need to stop making ridiculous excuses for a tool or brand they have become emotionally invested in.

There is another YouTuber out there named Harry’s Holsters who you guessed it is a holster maker. He has two pistols both with complete failures in under 1k rounds each.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Long video the focuses on mostly flawless performance, but shows severe striker drag on primer, which may be what's breaking strikers out there. The last few minutes though, are worth the watch. His trigger just broke.

I know my gun has been fine, but I'm starting to worry about carrying it. I've never thought twice about my HK.

It seems like most failures are within 1k rounds. How many you have through the pistol? Personally I would bench it and wait for Sig USA to get their shit together 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    It seems like most failures are within 1k rounds. How many you have through the pistol? Personally I would bench it and wait for Sig USA to get their shit together 1st.
    I think 600 after last group shoot. I think I'm going to go out back and shoot it until my hand is numb today.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast