Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sig P365

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: New Sig P365

I found the 12 round mags are kinda inconsistent spring wise. I am NOT a pipe fitter rather an office drone. I have 2 of the 12 rounders and one of them I can get the 12 round in RELATIVELY easy but the second one is basically impossible.

(Allegheny County)

For educational purposes...

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    The reports of failed strikers aren't that wide spread.
    I poked into the Sig forum to check it out, of the forum members, the failure rate is 13%. I'd say that's pretty widespread. It seems the part was revised 3 times already, and yet continue to break.

That said, most of them broke under dry fire, so probably easily remedied with snap caps, but it is disappointing since this isn't an issue with the rest of the market for a couple decades now (minus rimfire pistols).

http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p3...r-failure.html
    Last edited by rice rocket; May 7th, 2018 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    I poked into the Sig forum to check it out, of the forum members, the failure rate is 13%. I'd say that's pretty widespread. It seems the part was revised 3 times already, and yet continue to break.

That said, most of them broke under dry fire, so probably easily remedied with snap caps, but it is disappointing since this isn't an issue with the rest of the market for a couple decades now (minus rimfire pistols).

http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p3...r-failure.html

Thanks for the update. It is a sample size of 65, so time will tell how bad it is. So far, mine is A-OK but I also don't dry fire it much. I'll have to pull mine and see how it compares to the batch numbers they're reporting. Also, one of the first things I did was pull the striker to clean it and the channel. Mine was not packed with grease as it appears others were.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lancaster County)

The guy with the % was basing it on the number of people he thinks own a P365 on that site and the number of people who have reported a striker failure. There are thousands of P365's in the wild now. Many owners never touch that forum, this one, or any forum. His numbers are way skewed off. No statistician in their right mind would take those numbers and try to call them correct. There were one or two posts where someone called SIG customer service and were told that their serial number firearm should not have any problems. SIG may be already nailing the problem down to one particular shipment of strikers from a supplier. In a month or two, there should be at least one independent company putting out a steel striker pin for the P365. Someone who makes Glock accessories. I also read about a different company as well this morning, if anyone wants to switch out to something else. I have probably 500 rounds through mine. My girl friend last week put 300 through hers. No failures of any kind.

(Philadelphia County)

I stopped by a shop/range in Philly to do a transfer and saw a pile of P365s behind the counter. After talking about them for a couple and mentioning that I was interested in one, but wanted to shoot it before buying, the shop owner offered to let me shoot their rental gun for almost free. I only had to buy a box of ammo. No range pass and rental fee. Very nice way to treat a first time visitor/ customer.

I took him up on the offer and ended up buying one from him when I was finished shooting.

The rental gun was "born" in mid-April and probably had a couple thousand rounds through it. It performed flawlessly with the box of ammo I put through it. I expect mine to do the same.

Yeah I agree, it's a self selected group, some of which sign up to vent that their striker is broken.

That said, you have to also take Sig's claim of "isolated problem" with a grain of salt too, because they have a reputation to protect. It looks like it spans all build dates and all changes in mold markings, which is disturbing.

Regardless, I'll hold onto my spot in the queue for now, I likely have a few more months of waiting at this point, hopefully they can get their shit together by the time mine ships.

Quote Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    Yeah I agree, it's a self selected group, some of which sign up to vent that their striker is broken.

That said, you have to also take Sig's claim of "isolated problem" with a grain of salt too, because they have a reputation to protect. It looks like it spans all build dates and all changes in mold markings, which is disturbing.

Regardless, I'll hold onto my spot in the queue for now, I likely have a few more months of waiting at this point, hopefully they can get their shit together by the time mine ships.

Caution is certainly warranted, and I intend on replacing my striker with an aftermarket one ASAP.

(Lancaster County)

One of the companies working on an aftermarket striker I think is called Lakeline? The other is http://www.lspi.com/

Sig magazines normally have issues getting the final round in due to spring weight when new. I have had it happen with new magazines on a P220, P226, P229 and 1911's. I use an Uplula, pack the magazine full and let it sit for a week or more. Seems to help. I also open up the mags when new, clean out any oil that may have gotten inside and then use a silicone rag on the inside of the mag and the outside of the spring. No oil inside the magazine. I do that with any new magazines the way I do it with any new firearm (pistol or rifle) I purchase, before sending rounds down the range. Maybe it is not needed, many do not bother, but it is a habit I have gotten into.

Striker is available. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but now that I see the price, I'm not sure I want one.

https://shop.lspi.com/Steel-Striker-...ls-LS-7365.htm

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast