Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: New Sig P365

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: New Sig P365

Quote Originally Posted by New2Sig View Post
    The trigger dislodging may have already been addressed at Sigtalk but this is what I noticed before I even knew of the trigger spring issues. I did this to solve the mag scratches. If you've seen my posts before... 4/P365's 4700+ rds. and no issues maybe it can help. Sorry if I sound redundant but I've copied and pasted in several places.

With the magazine out and nothing in the chamber of course, take the slide off and flip the magwell upside down and shine a light into it from both sides. You may be able to see it as well as feel the trigger bar spring protruding ever so slightly into the magwell. If you see scratches on the back right top side of your mag's then the spring could become dislodged. If you are able to disassemble enough to get at it, take a few very light swipes at the protrusion to knock off the tiniest bit of metal so that it doesn't mark your mag's and you can't feel it with a finger.
    Problem solved at least for me. This is just what I noticed and did to solve my issue with scratches on the mag's. There is a possibility that it could be also causing dead triggers since there is very little room and a whole lot going on in there. I didn't experience a dead trigger or any other failures but took care of the scratches and thought of the trigger issues. If they're not being broken, maybe they're just getting bumped enough?
    Use this at your own risk and spread the word if it helps.
    Military Arms Channel (MAC) just posted the same on his facebook.

I have no dog in this fight just following out of curiosity.

https://www.facebook.com/militaryarms/

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Military Arms Channel (MAC) just posted the same on his facebook.

I have no dog in this fight just following out of curiosity.

https://www.facebook.com/militaryarms/

Glad he did. I don't have/use Facebook so I didn't see it. I just noticed my mag's were getting scratched very early on and decided to do something about it. When I learned of the spring issue I thought maybe they coincide.
    He'll get the word out quick. Hopefully it'll solve 2 issues. I can attest to the scratches being gone but I can't credit no failures at all, especially trigger spring to it as I didn't have a problem beforehand and haven't as of yet.

(Bucks County)

It's now June and i'm still waiting for mine to arrive....

Although after watching the MAC review, i'm kinda' glad/not in any hurry.

Yes, I'm British... But I have good teeth!

(Beaver County)

Just got off phone with Sig Pro Shop ... my 365 will be shipped 2 day and go out tomorrow! Looking forward to getting it to the range next week. Hopefully it will run 100%, either way I'll post a short range report.
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything

(Lancaster County)

I had my P365 at the range yesterday and put another 300 rounds through it. Before I left, I checked my magazines and a couple had the scratch on the back. I pulled out the firing assembly and could feel a sharp edge on the spring. About 10 seconds of filing down the sharp edge and it was gone. I ran all of my magazine through yesterday and there were no additional marks on the ones that did have a previous scratch. Nothing at all on the other magazines that never had the scratch. Looking at the end of the spring where it was sharp, it reminded me of cutting a wire with wire cutters where it does not leave a clean cut. Problem gone.

Oh by the way, I had my first FTE on nearly 1000 rounds. Damned SIG quality control, POS, all that....

I pulled out the casing, saved it and when I got home I tried to see how it fit in a P226, P229 and P320. Tight fit in all of them. It was the round, NOT the gun.

Not that it matters but once fired the brass casing is going to show some expansion so fitting tiight in other pistol chambers is not a surprise. I would not consider that a valid trouble shooting tool.

I have a bud on another site that just cracked his FP at 1200 rounds last week. No other issues or wear signs before that. These issues will get worked out just know that you guys are the beta testers for Sig and this pistol.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Not that it matters but once fired the brass casing is going to show some expansion so fitting tiight in other pistol chambers is not a surprise. I would not consider that a valid trouble shooting tool.
    Of course brass is going to show some expansion. This was the only round of around 1000 that had the issue. None of the other 299 shot that day showed any problems ejecting. Some cry babies on many forums immediately jump to the conclusion that any ejection or round failure is the gun. My point is that no one ever blames the ammo, even if they are putting the cheapest reloaded pieces of crap in their gun. I have never had a round jam like this one and then never fit properly in other firearms. Probably some metal failure in the case. The point is I believe it was the ammo, not the gun and failing to slide in and out of several other 9mm's is good enough evidence for me.

Well anyone that would consider one FTE out of 1k rounds has some ridiculously high standards. I wouldn’t worry about that or even bother trying to find out why unless it was repeatable.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Well anyone that would consider one FTE out of 1k rounds has some ridiculously high standards. I wouldn’t worry about that or even bother trying to find out why unless it was repeatable.
    I totally agree, but if you read enough forums lately on a number of firearms, one out of 1000 is a major crisis and requires the manufacturer to replace the firearm or ship it back for an overhaul. Seriously!

I stopped, saved the casing strictly to see if I could determine why it happened since to me it was a fluke. More of the crisis ridden Facebook mentality. I am not new to shooting. Been shooting since my father first started to teach me, over 55 years ago!

I have been driving a company vehicle with a GPS system that TWICE in the last 6 months has said I need to make a turn in the middle of a bridge crossing a river. I guess Toyota needs to replace the vehicle for me.
    Last edited by vetman03; June 7th, 2018 at 11:58 PM.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Well, I just pulled the trigger (figuratively) on one. I got an email notification yesterday afternoon from Osage County Guns that they were back in stock, and immediately placed the order on my phone. Today they're sold out again. Apparently these issues aren't hurting sales.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast