Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sig P365

Default Re: New Sig P365

A rail on a pistol this size serves a definite purpose and it's more then just the taticool garbage. Members of gun forums often forget that a great number of people who own a firearm for self defense only own THAT firearm. I have spoken with and helped a great number of people who are looking for A hand gun for home defense and to possibly carry down the line. They are never going to by into the logic of multiple pistols for different jobs at least not yet so I do not go down that road.

They pick up a Glock 19 sized pistol and say I will never carry this then they pick up a M&P Shield or something in it's size class and say well now this I would carry and use for home defense which it realistically can be. I am firm believer in white lights for home defense and if the pistol can easily accommodate one that is a huge plus which could make a huge difference in a bad situation. This fairly new class of single stack 9's are far from the wrist cracker "belly" gun's of yesteryear with little to no usable sights offered in mediocre calibers. While some require more range time with these pistols as compared to their usual larger range toys they all tend to be good shooters at more then adequate ranges.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 9th, 2018 at 11:30 PM.

I'm definitely checking this out when it hits the streets.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I'm definitely checking this out when it hits the streets.
    If it ever hits a street, I hope it doesn't fire.

Like what I am hearing,But will take a lot to Pry my Glock 43 out of my hands.Who really needs a rail on this size gun ? Wish the trigger guard was more squared off,Love the availability of 13 round mag and nigth sights.Will wait for some range experiences with this gun. Especially the drop tests !

Tanners in Jamison has a preorder going for $499.99 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Tanners in Jamison has a preorder going for $499.99 right now.
    Good looking out, thank you!
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Monroe County)

If they put a p320ish trigger in this i would be very interested. On paper this model looks promising.

(Northampton County)

Interesting, good looking pistol. I like Sig pistols, own three SA/DA models. I would definitely consider it if I were looking at a Glock 43, Springfield XDS or S&W Shield, but since I already own those I probably won't be buying a P365.

(Lancaster County)

By the way, they started shipping to distributors yesterday. Will take a week or two after receiving them to start to get them down to local stores. I saw one online place that already had their first allotment sold out. You were able to put your name in for their next shipment. 13 rounds in something the size of a Ruger LC9 is not bad.

I have also seen a couple of articles referring to drop tests. From Soldiersystems.net review:

"Based on their experience with the P320, SIG developed an entirely new, enhanced drop test protocol for duty handguns. They dropped the P365, 574 times in 26 orientations as well as five drops at 6 feet on concrete."

I seriously think that after the fiasco with the P320, the upgrades and what it all cost them, they would not put out a new firearm without extensive testing. If would not surprise me if other manufacturers are now doing extensive testing as well.

(Allegheny County)

http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast