Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: New Sig P365

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: New Sig P365

Just picked it up, and I'm disappointed. The build date is June 1, and it's the old-style striker.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Just picked it up, and I'm disappointed. The build date is June 1, and it's the old-style striker.
    Scruff,

Congrats on your new pistol!

On Sigtalk's forum there's a thread about the old and new style striker's. Lots of opinions and good thoughts being passed back-n-forth there too.
    Seems the consensus is that Sig's not going to just toss them. Some have been retooled as the turning marks can clearly be seen. Some are being MIM'ed into the new style right away and they're also still using the old style striker as long as they have the slides for them. Apparently to use the new style striker in an old style slide the striker channel needs to be milled deeper. There are plenty of before and after pics of striker channels, both pre send and post return supporting this.

In the meantime.... Please pass this survey along. The more who participate the better informed we will be.

https://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p...6-25-18-a.html.
    You might need to get to the first page if the link doesn't take you directly to it. It has when I shared on a few YouTube videos but it also hasn't.

Hope you have a great experience with your new pistol.
    Have a great 4th and keep us posted.
    Last edited by New2Sig; July 3rd, 2018 at 07:02 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I'm not going to bother checking mine then. If yours is younger than mine and still has the old striker i'm pretty confident mine does too.

Don't be too disappointed mate... I've got over 700 rounds through mine now with no issues and i'm fairly confident that if I do get a problem that SIG will make it right. It's still my daily carry, except when i go to higher risk areas when i switch back to the G43 and carry an extra mag.

Yes, I'm British... But I have good teeth!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Mine hasn't been reliably going into battery (maybe 1 in 20 failures) so I'm sending it back. They won't replace the striker unless it breaks, so I asked if I could pay for the new-style striker, and they said yes. The cost is $35. I think that's a small investment for peace of mind for a carry gun.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526