Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: New Sig P365

Default Re: New Sig P365

Quote Originally Posted by New2Sig View Post
    The "old style" striker doesn't necessarily or automatically = BAD.

Our family has 4/365's (not one household but we regularly shoot together and are keeping stat's), the lowest round count on any of them is ~1200rds. and there haven't been ANY issues. They're fairly early builds too... 17FEB2018, 22FEB2018x2, 4MAR2018. We waited until after Sig addressed the peening and return to battery issue... they show no signs of it. The spent shell casings have very slight primer swipe as it's not all that deep. Initial impact is good but the swipe is very shallow and doesn't even come close to the rim when measuring thousandth's.

The "feeling" I get from several folks and Sig is that there was a batch of striker's that were metallurgically MIM'ed incorrectly.
    With that said 1 or all 4 our family has could break this weekend when we give them a workout.

The dirty of "the bad batch" theory is that according to Sig (because I called them on it), there's no way for them to tell you whether or not you potentially have a "bad batch" striker because they don't manufacture them with sequential serial #'s. Having no way to prove/disprove what they said has made me resort to injecting carnival music into my hearing protection while shooting in an attempt to quelch a desire to throw it down range if it goes click... no boom and discovering that the striker broke.
    Hence, they should do a full recall. They did it with a mythical problem with the MCX where in a 1 in a million circumstance, the rifle could unintentionally discharge.

This is marketed as a ground breaking carry gun.

They should do a recall and replace all strikers.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Hence, they should do a full recall. They did it with a mythical problem with the MCX where in a 1 in a million circumstance, the rifle could unintentionally discharge.

This is marketed as a ground breaking carry gun.

They should do a recall and replace all strikers.

Agreed! That would be the upstanding action to take that would aid in restoring a perception of confidence rather than providing rolling changes and addressing them as they break.

Perhaps all 4 striker's will mysteriously break all at once this weekend. Might just uncover some evidence? What if we were made aware that 1, 2, 3, or all 4 strikers didn't fall into the "bad batch" category based on serial number?

The very fact that they completely changed the design and geometry of the striker and it's assembly requires a complete new slide tells me this is NOT a bad heat treatment on a batch of FP's. It's a design flaw with a pistol that was rushed to market in order to make money as fast as possible.

If the above information is correct then in my opinion you either have one that has broken or has not broken yet due to a design flaw. If I was in Justin's situation I would be e-mailing Sig and asking them what they are going to do for me to make me feel whole about my personal defense weapon.
    Last edited by Hodgie; June 29th, 2018 at 11:35 AM.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The very fact that they completely changed the design and geometry of the striker and it's assembly requires a complete new slide tells me this is NOT a bad heat treatment on a batch of FP's. It's a design flaw with a pistol that was rushed to market in order to make money as fast as possible.

If the above information is correct then in my opinion you either have one that has broken or has not broken due to a design flaw. If I was in Justin's situation I would be e-mailing Sig and asking them what they are going to do for me to make me feel whole about my personal defense weapon.
    Not good news but on SigTalk there are photos and information that shows they're not replacing all slides in every case of a broken striker if you send it in for that reason. They're actually re-milling the striker channel, and doing something to the sear.
    They are replacing the slide and striker in certain instances but nobody knows the reasons/requirements. AGAIN... Carnival music!

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post

If the above information is correct then in my opinion you either have one that has broken or has not broken yet due to a design flaw. If I was in Justin's situation I would be e-mailing Sig and asking them what they are going to do for me to make me feel whole about my personal defense weapon.
    That is what I'm doing when I get home later.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Has anyone bought holsters yet for your p365? If so, what did you get and how do you like it? I'm picking my gun up at my FFL tomorrow, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

For pocket carry, Alabama holster kydex. Fits perfect and has a little thumb break molded in. Lead time sucks.

For owb, a leather holster and mag carrier from this guy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6090548...holster-coffee

If it's in his store, it's available and no lead time. Price is great, and fits like a glove.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    For pocket carry, Alabama holster kydex. Fits perfect and has a little thumb break molded in. Yes, lead time sucks.

For owb, a leather holster and mag carrier from this guy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6090548...holster-coffee

If it's in his store, it's available and no lead time. Price is great, and fits like a glove.
    Thanks. That Alabama holster looks great! Looks like it's highly concealable, and I like the thumb break idea. Lead time sucks.

I just remembered I have an Alien Gear IWB that I'm not using, and they have interchangeable shells, so I just ordered one. That'll get me bye if I'm waiting for a custom holster.

That leather holster is in stock, but I'll probably go with TT Gunleather. Their holsters are absolutely beautiful, and I won't need it until the fall when I start wearing a jacket.

(Bucks County)

I went with the Vedder Light Tuck IWB holster. TBH I wish i'd found Vedder earlier as i would've bought one for my Glock 43. The holster is excellent.
    20180702_205214808_iOS.jpg
    20180702_205222773_iOS.jpg

https://www.vedderholsters.com/

Yes, I'm British... But I have good teeth!

(Clinton County)

Customize and build your own.
    Or, build and customize your own.
    Save lots of $$$ and buy ammo, or
    stuff for reloading ammo.
    Last edited by New2Sig; July 3rd, 2018 at 10:01 AM.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast