Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Frankford/Wissinoming, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    1281847

    Default PSP fingerprints

    Does anyone know if the PSP still offers fingerprinting? I don't see it advertised on their website anymore.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    N.E., Pennsylvania
    (Susquehanna County)
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: PSP fingerprints

    I have had them balk at doing it, but my job requires I get it done by State or Federal offices.
    for other stuff, like non-resident permits they will normally send you to the Sheriff's office (at least up here in Susquehanna area)
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    10546

    Default Re: PSP fingerprints

    University of Penn Police Department in Philadelphia will do them for about $10.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newport, Pennsylvania
    (Perry County)
    Age
    53
    Posts
    4,607
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: PSP fingerprints

    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

    "He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

    "Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    nretsaehtuos, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    60
    Posts
    6,787
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: PSP fingerprints

    Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    License-to-Carry Firearm1* (Out-of-State Requests) Any PSP Station except PA Turnpike locations

    1* For out-of-state License-to-Carry fingerprint requests, the PSP will fingerprint only if the request requires law enforcement to process the applicant and theindividual resides in a PSP service area.

    I don't recall if Utah required LEO to do the prints, but I was told by the Media that they don't print for a out of state firearm license (about 10 years ago). I was never asked if I lived in one of their patrol areas.

    I couldn't even get them done for my HAZ-MAT in Media because they (supposedly) only had one guy that could do them and he was never there when I could be and no appointments could be made. I ended up going to Philly (Belmont) for the HAZ-MAT and the Chester County Sheriff for the Utah permit.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,107
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: PSP fingerprints

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post
    Does anyone know if the PSP still offers fingerprinting? I don't see it advertised on their website anymore.
    I just had them done this past October when I had to renew my non res FL permit I called the two offices in Monroe County and both said they did it. Another member said he just called the station I went to a week or so ago and they said they dont do it. It sounds like it really depends on who answers the phone or is working that day. When I showed up the officer at the window looked at me funny however the woman behind the desk said hold on and called for a detective who came out and let me in and took care of them.

    http://www.psp.pa.gov/Documents/Publ..._April2014.pdf
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 8th, 2018 at 08:23 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Delco, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    1,022
    Rep Power
    20146998

    Default Re: PSP fingerprints

    Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    License-to-Carry Firearm1* (Out-of-State Requests) Any PSP Station except PA Turnpike locations

    1* For out-of-state License-to-Carry fingerprint requests, the PSP will fingerprint only if the request requires law enforcement to process the applicant and theindividual resides in a PSP service area.

    I don't recall if Utah required LEO to do the prints, but I was told by the Media that they don't print for a out of state firearm license (about 10 years ago). I was never asked if I lived in one of their patrol areas.

    I couldn't even get them done for my HAZ-MAT in Media because they (supposedly) only had one guy that could do them and he was never there when I could be and no appointments could be made. I ended up going to Philly (Belmont) for the HAZ-MAT and the Chester County Sheriff for the Utah permit.
    My prints for Utah were done by the instructor that taught the class. (non-Leo)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Frankford/Wissinoming, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    1281847

    Default Re: PSP fingerprints

    Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    License-to-Carry Firearm1* (Out-of-State Requests) Any PSP Station except PA Turnpike locations

    1* For out-of-state License-to-Carry fingerprint requests, the PSP will fingerprint only if the request requires law enforcement to process the applicant and theindividual resides in a PSP service area.

    I don't recall if Utah required LEO to do the prints, but I was told by the Media that they don't print for a out of state firearm license (about 10 years ago). I was never asked if I lived in one of their patrol areas.

    I couldn't even get them done for my HAZ-MAT in Media because they (supposedly) only had one guy that could do them and he was never there when I could be and no appointments could be made. I ended up going to Philly (Belmont) for the HAZ-MAT and the Chester County Sheriff for the Utah permit.
    Utah can be a Non-LEO, However I believe Virginia and Maine require an LEO.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    nretsaehtuos, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    60
    Posts
    6,787
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: PSP fingerprints

    Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    My prints for Utah were done by the instructor that taught the class. (non-Leo)
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post
    Utah can be a Non-LEO, However I believe Virginia and Maine require an LEO.
    Yea thanks, I looked it up and saw that's currently the case, at the time, 10 or so years ago, I don't remember, however my point was more about the PSP not wanting to do the prints.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Wyoming County)
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: PSP fingerprints

    Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Yea thanks, I looked it up and saw that's currently the case, at the time, 10 or so years ago, I don't remember, however my point was more about the PSP not wanting to do the prints.
    Yeah, I'm retired PSP and went to local station for my FFL prints which they are required to do. Well they wouldn't do them. They were so NICE though and afforded me the opportunity to do them myself I could have started a pissing contest but I said fuck it and rolled my own and left. There's a dick in every bunch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Getting Fingerprints?
    By NuclearSociety in forum NFA/Class 3/Title II
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 26th, 2017, 08:46 PM
  2. Fingerprints
    By snuffy19608 in forum General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: June 7th, 2016, 12:38 PM
  3. Fingerprints
    By bob2055 in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: January 28th, 2011, 11:14 PM
  4. Fingerprints ???
    By ursavus.elemensis in forum General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: March 11th, 2007, 01:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops